Author Topic: Pushback not moving CRJ700  (Read 1075 times)

sushi.at

Pushback not moving CRJ700
« on: August 30, 2022, 07:19:29 pm »
Hi, just departed LOWW from F53. Catering, fueling and boarding all worked perfect. Calling for pushback also worked, the tug arrived, connected etc.
But there was no default pushback option, so I used the quickedit ... placed the aircraft onto the taxiway and pressed enter. I was then asked to release the parking brake, and after doing that it just sat there. Nothing happened - I waited about 2 minutes and then aborted pushback. The plane was frozen and "bounced" a bit on cancel.

Luckily I was able to taxi straight out - not sure if quite ok but there was no atc online :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback not moving CRJ700
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 07:23:05 pm »
Please clarify which scenery you are using, default or 3rd party ? CRJ-700 is the Aerosoft one ?

sushi.at

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 07:37:30 pm »
Yes the Aerosoft one, and the scenery is from Gaya (orbx version).

sushi.at

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 09:30:13 pm »
Another question regarding the CRJ700 (not sure if I should create another topic): Is there a way to reduce the number of baggage carts being loaded/unloaded .... it seems a bit excessive loading as much luggage as a 737 and since the loading happens on the left side it can't be done at the same time as pax boarding/deboarding it takes forever. I guess there would be room if there would be less carts, or the carts are shared between the front and back loader.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 10:40:27 pm »
Another question regarding the CRJ700 (not sure if I should create another topic): Is there a way to reduce the number of baggage carts being loaded/unloaded .... it seems a bit excessive loading as much luggage as a 737

With two loaders, there's a maximum of 66 bags ( 11 per cart, 3 carts per loader, 2 loaders ), the CRJ-700 has a seating arrangement from 66 to 78 seats, the baggage quantity doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

In earlier version, we varied the number of cart from 1 to 3 depending on the airplane payload, but then those who didn't load the airplane before boarding, complained "I only have 1 cart on a 747"", assuming GSX had a bug. And of course some airplanes even load the payload progressively, make it difficult to decide (or when to decide ) about the number of carts based on the payload so, to make things simpler, we know have always 3 cart cart per loader.

sushi.at

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 11:29:30 pm »
I appreciate the detailed answer and yeah the single cart on a 747 would look silly alright. Maybe not reduce the number of carts depending on aircraft load, but have it part of the aircraft profile instead. 747=8 carts or whatever, a320=6, crj700=4 you get the idea. New to GSX editing (did one or two parking stands so far = worked nicely!), but from what I read in the manual we can override the aircraft profiles correct? Like where the doors etc. are, so that way users that want to change it can.