Author Topic: What happend since the last Update?  (Read 2088 times)

MusicBoy

What happend since the last Update?
« on: August 26, 2022, 05:20:14 pm »
Hi lads I have two very odd things two ask here:

First is, after the last time I did run the Updater, I started a flight today. When ever there is an action performed by GSX there is a voice talking and announcing what GSX is doing. I NEVER had this before and I want to turn it off, but I cant find the sound slider for it? Is there any help?

Second probelm is regarding SODE. I have the SIMMarket EDDS Scenery and when ever I select the Jetway, it dissapears. When I use the SODE Tab it works but not with GSX. Any advise on that side?

*PS*: The refuelling was set to GSX on the FsLabs A320 and the Voice told me to use the refuel plugin by FsLabs. I switched through all possibilities in the AOC OFP page and as soon as I had hit VIA GSX again, it then started to refuel automatically. I think the latest update might have brought up some issues didnt it?*

Kind regards
Elias
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 05:26:42 pm by MusicBoy »

ElPlagiato

Re: What happend since the last Update?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 02:14:11 pm »
Same problem here. The voice is annoying and I can't turn it off.
I also have to problem with disappearing jetways.

Any help is very welcome!

King regards
ElPlagiato
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:50:19 pm by ElPlagiato »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 03:12:24 pm »
Same problem here. The voice is annoying and I can't turn it off.

That's not obviously a "bug", but a new feature, which we might add another feature to, the ability to disable it.

I also have to problem with disappearing jetways.

This has been already solved a few days ago.

MusicBoy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 02:36:51 pm »
Okay so how did you solve it? Id like to have some links rather then just tell me that its solved please.
And the Feature?! Yeah it might be cool but how about immediantly adding a mute button? I mean come on lads.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 02:56:13 pm »
Okay so how did you solve it? Id like to have some links rather then just tell me that its solved please.

Just read the other messages, it is solved with the current update.

And the Feature?! Yeah it might be cool but how about immediantly adding a mute button? I mean come on lads.

"immediately" ? Your word is my command ? We design the software the way we design it, it's our software, it's our decision what to add. If  you don't like it, you can SUGGEST changes, not demand them "immediately".

coreyc84

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 06:00:45 pm »
While we all appreciate your hard work on the latest update and issues, you may want to work on your people skills. There is absolutely no reason for how you have responded to some of the inquiries. Just a "suggestion"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 07:10:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 07:13:08 pm »
While we all appreciate your hard work on the latest update and issues, you may want to work on your people skills. There is absolutely no reason for how you have responded to some of the inquiries. Just a "suggestion"

And as a "suggestion", try to read again that last sentence:

Highly offensive in MY own view. And about "people skills", there's a limit how much one can tolerate this attitude, for something we put WORK to add. I'm seriously considering freeze P3D code as it is (after the more pressing issues are solved) and just abandon it for good.

marcusbeynum

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 07:17:46 pm »
Can you tell me why gsx disappesrs after I reboot my computer

moshwing

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 11:08:28 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but ever since I've updated GSX with the latest FSDT Live update I have no functionality of GSX at all: I can see the regular GSX menu in P3D v4.5, when I try to call up the menu for prompt or simply pressing on any option(s) within the menue I get no response (including refreshing coatl engine etc. and rebuilding)

Any insight or resolution (temp) would be much help

Thanks

Sabretooth78

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 11:56:39 pm »
I am seeing this behavior as well.  First it seemed to be limited to jetways getting all messed up when I tried to customize some parking spots at KJFK and KCLT.  After one iteration of the edit dialog, GSX becomes completely unresponsive to all menu items or key shortcuts.  Now today, I haven't tried anything other than connecting a jetway and GSX has become completely unresponsive, and SODE says I don't have any trigger able objects (despite a jetway clearly being connected).

By unresponsive menus, I mean all items in the Add-Ons -> Couatl settings, Couatl Live Update, and GSX menus.  I can't even reboot it, which is incredibly frustrating for something that has generally worked consistently well for years.

(And, for what its worth, the voiceover is incredibly annoying, to speak nothing of realism.)

BackYardFlyer

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 12:06:36 am »
Highly offensive in MY own view. And about "people skills", there's a limit how much one can tolerate this attitude, for something we put WORK to add. I'm seriously considering freeze P3D code as it is (after the more pressing issues are solved) and just abandon it for good.

Good Afternoon Umberto

I totally agree with you on the offensive side of this comment but, for god sake, do not abandon P3D users. We are thousands who are using and enjoying your addons everytime we start our sim. For most of us, we do understand how complex this piece of software is and we also do understand that sometime, something may happen in the process of updating. For most of us, we know everytime a problem arised, you were there to found a solution and to have a fix available ASAP.

Please, my friend, don't let those people with questionable behavior turning you away from P3D users. We will always be supporting you !
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 12:09:18 am by BackYardFlyer »