Author Topic: Udating GSX does not filter out disabled airports  (Read 1072 times)

LeRenard

Udating GSX does not filter out disabled airports
« on: August 25, 2022, 11:48:05 pm »
Hi,
Great job, no CTDs, almost perfect...for MSFS environment ! From P3D GSX V2, i need to learn a couple of things.
Question.
Updating GSX and i found double dot (double parking spots) in MSFS map for previously disabled airports.
They are in left pane AND right pane in the config window. And i found them in the folders '....\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways' AND '...\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_backup'. I need to re`-disable one or two of these manually in the config page to fix it.
Files are not filter out after an GSX update ??? Am i wrong or is it a normal behaviour  or a bug ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Udating GSX does not filter out disabled airports
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 12:10:00 am »
You shouldn't have the same airport left and right, something must have gone wrong, try to run the "disable 3rd party" button again, and see if they are removed from the main folder.

LeRenard

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 01:57:34 am »
The disabled right pane list contains about 20 airports. It's what i do.I re-disable just one or two (with the arrow, not the "disable 3rd party" button, then "Apply" and yes, it works for all. Files are correctly filtered out. But the next update...same proc.

DrVenkman

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 02:33:28 am »
I confirm the same issue. Every time I update GSX, although my list of disabled jetway airports remains the same as before, if I load the sim, all those disabled airports will still show doubled parking spaces, extraneous jetways, etc. I have to do the same workaround previously discussed: select at least one airport that I've previously disabled (which does in fact show up again in the left-side column despite the exclusion), remove it again (which causes it to appear twice on the right column) then click APPLY to reapply all the same exclusions.

I presume this is a bug.

Darewell

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 06:01:07 pm »
You shouldn't have the same airport left and right, something must have gone wrong, try to run the "disable 3rd party" button again, and see if they are removed from the main folder.

Hi!

I can confirm this is an issue, after an update the airports are both in left and right column.

Simple workaround is to search for one of them, putting it back in the right column and apply again.

Adnanso

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 07:02:10 pm »

I face the same problem since launch day (CF my first topic bellow) , running the "disable 3rd party" button again do remove the airports from the main folder, but I have to do it after each an every update as this process redownlod and "activate" them aga

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26794.0.html

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 02:13:42 am by Adnanso »

MadDog

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 04:38:03 pm »
Please make this bug a top priority.  Every time an update is applied, we have to disable the airports all over again... it's very annoying!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 04:54:30 pm »
Please make this bug a top priority.  Every time an update is applied, we have to disable the airports all over again... it's very annoying!

Everybody has its favorite top priority...yes, it's a bug, I think you can prevent it if you run the update from the Installer interface, not the Live Update.

LeRenard

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 06:52:23 pm »
OK, Umberto, i agree it's not a priority. It does happen when updating from the Installer interface too (i don't use Live Update), so it's a four clicks workaround habit. but it would be nice to fix it. Calling a simple routine that compare the two folders content seems (???) easy to do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 07:20:05 pm »
Calling a simple routine that compare the two folders content seems (???) easy to do.

That is not a problem, the routine comparing is trivial, the tricky thing to do is the UI, because in order to do a fast ICAO search ( the Airport services are 15000+ files! ), we need to use some data tables, and datatables are not the ui, the ui list controls must sync to the data table bidirectionally and the table and the ui controls must all be in agreement regardess how the program started, it the config panel was ever opened, etc. we need to be sure nothing can be clicked or changed while the tables are updating, etc. That's where bugs can appear.

LeRenard

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 07:56:13 pm »
Thank you Umberto. That explains my "seems(???)". I was not sure !

MadDog

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 07:59:35 pm »
so it's a four clicks workaround habit.

Please explain again how you do it in four clicks?  I have about 20 or 30 airports disabled right now... so it's been a lot more than four clicks.  Do you mean four clicks per airport?

Fiorentoni

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 09:53:56 pm »
so it's a four clicks workaround habit.

Please explain again how you do it in four clicks?  I have about 20 or 30 airports disabled right now... so it's been a lot more than four clicks.  Do you mean four clicks per airport?

No. As soon as you move *any* airport from left to right or viceversa, your customized exclusions will be restored entirely like they were before the live update. So 1) click on any airport 2) move left or right arrow 3) apply. That's only three clicks actually :)

MadDog

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 12:04:16 am »
No. As soon as you move *any* airport from left to right or viceversa, your customized exclusions will be restored entirely like they were before the live update. So 1) click on any airport 2) move left or right arrow 3) apply. That's only three clicks actually :)

Awesome!  Thank you very much!  I'll try that next time I have an update... that's a lot easier than having to un-exclude and re-exclude all of my airports.  Wish I would have known that last night  :)