Author Topic: MSFS GSX Installer Update  (Read 762 times)

StephanAitch

MSFS GSX Installer Update
« on: September 02, 2022, 09:00:27 am »
Hey Guys, would you please let the Installer only update products if there is really a new UpDate?

Whenever (even hourly) I start GSX Update in the Installer, it is downloading and installing everything over and over again.
 ???

Best, Stephan

pete_auau

Re: MSFS GSX Installer Update
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 09:45:12 am »
Why  do  you  click  the update  hourly  for, expecting   Umberto  to release updates  hourly  :)

BrianT58

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 10:02:19 am »
Hey Guys, would you please let the Installer only update products if there is really a new UpDate?

Whenever (even hourly) I start GSX Update in the Installer, it is downloading and installing everything over and over again.
 ???

Best, Stephan
you may also want to try reading some of the other posts on the subject mainly the first post here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=26826.0;topicseen
Regards
Brian

StephanAitch

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 10:44:49 am »
Thanks guys. Just testing and so much to do yet...  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 11:45:48 am »

What do you mean with "downloading and installing everything" ? Everything, really ? It downloads and reinstall the whole GSX each time ?

Maybe you wanted to say "it downloads something", that's more normal and is what I see in your screenshot and, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.msg179094.html#msg179094

The Live Update now always downloads and installs a ZIP file of the current Jetway replacement files and the current Airport services, because we found this is way faster than checking every single file for updates.  And as you can see in the update log, it correctly skips file for airports you have Disabled.