Author Topic: 2 suggestions and a hint for GSX  (Read 669 times)

Transair

2 suggestions and a hint for GSX
« on: February 04, 2024, 03:55:29 am »
Suggestions
1. Could the announcement d'Boarding be replaced with DEEBOARDING Please!!
2. Now that we have the ability to push/pull a/c out of bays, I have set up numerous pushbacks this way and deleted many default settings.  What would be nice is having the ability to sort (or even hide) pushback options in the menu rather than having to search for the preferred one.

Hint
I found that when restarting GSX due to an issue or change, clicking on the GSX button on the menu repetitively did nothing, until I found that if I waited for the cones to show around the aircraft, this was proof that GSX was running and then I could select what I wanted to do. So advice is to wait a few seconds until the cones appear, then click GSX! Just thought it may help users
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 03:59:08 am by Transair »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 2 suggestions and a hint for GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 12:29:17 pm »
1. Could the announcement d'Boarding be replaced with DEEBOARDING Please!!

Please clarify this. I checked both the codes and the sounds, and the messages are correct, the right audio waves are called, and they are not mixed up.

2. Now that we have the ability to push/pull a/c out of bays, I have set up numerous pushbacks this way and deleted many default settings.  What would be nice is having the ability to sort (or even hide) pushback options in the menu rather than having to search for the preferred one.

I'm not sure how forcing you to re-enter the editor to reactivate one of the less used procedures would be an improvement over having them always available and just go to the next page if they don't fit in one.

Maybe it would be useful to know the reason you wanted to hide some pushbacks to begin with. Are they related to specific airplanes or specific conditions, like weather, etc.? Because, we ARE planning adding conditions to Pushback procedures, and automatically filter out those not matching so, it might be useful to have some examples.

I found that when restarting GSX due to an issue or change, clicking on the GSX button on the menu repetitively did nothing, until I found that if I waited for the cones to show around the aircraft, this was proof that GSX was running and then I could select what I wanted to do. So advice is to wait a few seconds until the cones appear, then click GSX! Just thought it may help users

Yes, this good advice and it was sometime suggested:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24928.msg164982.html#msg164982

Transair

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 06:35:29 am »
Hi Umberto
First: Re D'boarding - Yes the message is correct - it's just the way it is said. Dboarding is the wrong accent/stress - the accent should be on the DEE, DEE Boarding.....that's all!!!

Second: Entering the editor is OK to select the push method.  What I was saying if you could sort an airport bay's pushbacks such that, for example a specific 'push-pull tail facing west to taxiway C at TDP C4, could be the top option, based on some sort function....rather than having to look down the list for that procedure.

Third: thanks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:54:26 am by Transair »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 11:35:59 am »
What I was saying if you could sort an airport bay's pushbacks such that, for example a specific 'push-pull tail facing west to taxiway C at TDP C4, could be the top option, based on some sort function....

If the problem is just the ordering, why not just playing with the Copy & Paste buttons in the editor, so you can rearrange the custom slots as you want?

In fact, this is much better than using a sorting criterion because it might not be the one you prefer. Instead, with the current system, custom slots are presented in the order they appear, no matter how they are called, so you get the maximum flexibility in naming and ordering.

Transair

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 03:57:25 am »
OK...will try that