Author Topic: Jetways Not Detected  (Read 574 times)

Orbital

Jetways Not Detected
« on: August 28, 2022, 10:56:43 pm »
Heya, I'm running into an issue as various airports where it's as if the jetways aren't detected. GSX says that there aren't stairs in the area and so you won't be able to see the passengers boarding. I was just curious if there was anything I could do to fix this since (visually) the jetway is right there but GSX doesn't seem to be able to get ahold of it. It's worth mentioning that trying to request the jetway through FMC's or EFB's doesn't work either at the airports where this is an issue. I wasn't sure if this was an issue with the jetways which GSX was replacing? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:59:57 pm by Orbital »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Not Detected
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 10:59:33 pm »
If you are referring to a 3rd party airport, you must disable them using the "Disable 3rd party" button in the GSX Config panel, otherwise the ones from the scenery won't be detected.

Unless the very unlikely case the 3rd party airport has exactly the same parking spots, with identical names and positions and jetways placed exactly in the same position as the default ones, which is highly unlikely to happen.

Orbital

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 11:22:29 pm »
Thanks for the quick response! Yep, I'm using a 3rd party ENGM so I just went and hit the button and have just restarted the sim. I'm still having the same issue where it says there aren't stairs and so the passengers won't be visible.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 11:23:31 pm »
I just went and did that and have just restarted the sim. I'm still having the same issue where it says there aren't stairs and so the passengers won't be visible.

The automatic button does not work very well, you must add those manually that weren't correctly identified. And just to be sure, they have to be on the RIGHT column afterwards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 11:29:09 pm »
Thanks for the quick response! Yep, I'm using a 3rd party ENGM so I just went and hit the button and have just restarted the sim. I'm still having the same issue where it says there aren't stairs and so the passengers won't be visible.

As explained on the manual, the button recognizes automatically only airports in a package the respect the official naming standard as developer-airport-icao-name, if a scenery doesn't match this pattern, its icao must be added manually and after adding an icao manually, you must Apply, and confirm the airport is on the Right side.

Orbital

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 11:37:28 pm »
I just went and did that and have just restarted the sim. I'm still having the same issue where it says there aren't stairs and so the passengers won't be visible.

The automatic button does not work very well, you must add those manually that weren't correctly identified. And just to be sure, they have to be on the RIGHT column afterwards.
Yep, this did the trick! I didn't realize that the airport didn't follow the naming scheme needed to be autodetected. Thanks for the pointers, it seems to be happy and working now!