Author Topic: Refueling and Catering - Why at the very End?  (Read 841 times)

hmsilven

Refueling and Catering - Why at the very End?
« on: August 25, 2022, 11:58:20 pm »
The title says it all, why does the standard GSX flow refuel the plane and bring the foods at the very end, when the passengers are already in the plane? I know it is possible to request the services when we want, but in that case the whole refueling doesn't work at all for instance for 737-700. And while on that topic, with 737-800 I am yet to get the refueling working at all. The truck comes, but it just stays there. Unfortunately in the manual there was old instructions for possibly p3d plane, for the MSFS version the instructions do not make any sense at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling and Catering - Why at the very End?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 12:07:00 am »
The default is request the services you want, the behavior you are describing is when "automatic servicing" option is enabled.

hmsilven

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 12:29:41 am »
Hmm, ok... then I misinterpreted it in the sense, that I thought the script was optimized for autoservices. The issue I have with non-auto is that when I order the refueling for 737, it doesn't work. I need to order the PMDG truck as well. And there no tubers connected to the plane or to the ground when the u-ground-fueling has been ticked. Anyway, I still don't understand why refueling and catering have to come at the end even in the autoservices. What's the logic?

Also, will the user manual be updated with instructions that are up-to-date regarding refueling planes such as PMDG 737?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 12:37:55 am by hmsilven »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 12:58:26 am »
The issue I have with non-auto is that when I order the refueling for 737, it doesn't work. I need to order the PMDG truck as well.

It surely does, but you haven't followed the correct procedure ( there's a text/voice guiding you ):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26905.msg176328.html#msg176328

And there no tubers connected to the plane or to the ground when the u-ground-fueling has been ticked. Anyway, I still don't understand why refueling and catering have to come at the end even in the autoservices. What's the logic?

That's because the only fuel trucks we have that have such animations, have a platform which is too high for a 737. We'll add a variation using only the cable roller, but no platform, in a future update.

Also, will the user manual be updated with instructions that are up-to-date regarding refueling planes such as PMDG 737?

Of course, the whole manual has been rewritten from scratch, that page was the last one requiring an update.