Author Topic: GSX Aircraft Profiles  (Read 2698 times)

mertayd1n

GSX Aircraft Profiles
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:20:35 pm »
Will there be a fix for airplane profiles? For example, I want to make a profile for CS777 or LVFR A321, but it seems that this is not possible, it is only possible with Live updates. I think it would be a much more realistic experience if I could add the GSX customizations to the planes I mentioned above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Aircraft Profiles
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 04:29:22 pm »
Are you aware there's an included airplane configuration editor in GSX ? There's only one thing missing from it, and it's the ability to specify a non-standard Parking Brake, in case the airplane uses a custom system, but this will arrive shortly.

And, we have a sharing section in the forum for airplane and airport profiles.

mertayd1n

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 05:00:41 pm »
I've been using GSX for many years, of course I'm aware that GSX has airplane configuration but the configuration I made in CS777 returns to default when I restart Couatl. LFVR a321 has this problem. Also, I don't have a problem with the parking brake, ground services are working properly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 05:04:15 pm »
ok, that's another issue entirely, are those airplanes bought on the Marketplace ? Could you enable logging and post a log made by quitting Couatl from the Traybar slightly after you saved the airplane configuration ?

mertayd1n

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 07:15:43 pm »
LVFR A321 was bought from the marketplace, CS777 was bought from its own site.

Here is my log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 07:18:17 pm »
The only issues I see, is the lack of an aircraft.cfg file, because the airplane is from the Marketplace, so the aircraft.cfg is not accessible, have you tried to configure a non-Marketplace airplane ?

mertayd1n

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 07:40:31 pm »
I bought CS777 from their site. This aircraft has aircraft.cfg.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 07:47:05 pm »
It seems all fine. Try this:

When returning from the 3d editor, the Aircraft dialog reappears. Click on any of checkmarks below, like "traffic cones", for example, then click again, so the button Apply should be active, and see if the config is saved now.

gregc320

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 08:03:22 pm »
The only issues I see, is the lack of an aircraft.cfg file, because the airplane is from the Marketplace, so the aircraft.cfg is not accessible, have you tried to configure a non-Marketplace airplane ?

I have the same issue trying to make one with the PMDG 738 - I made a profile for it and when couatl is restarted all door positions return to default - and obviously this is a non marketplace aircraft.

I also had the issue with GSX not recognizing 3rd party airports and I had to copy all AFCAD files into the virtuali folder for it to recognize it so I'm assuming it's a related issue.

mertayd1n

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 08:33:36 pm »
It seems all fine. Try this:

When returning from the 3d editor, the Aircraft dialog reappears. Click on any of checkmarks below, like "traffic cones", for example, then click again, so the button Apply should be active, and see if the config is saved now.
I tried that too.  It's back to default again.