Author Topic: CRJ Passengers not being seen  (Read 772 times)

m_j_lyons

CRJ Passengers not being seen
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:22:07 am »
The first time i used GSX at Jackson Hole, WY I had passengers walk out off the shuttle bus and into the plane.  Now that I'm at Washington National and at a jetway I'm no longer seeing any passengers - I'm attaching the log file from my recent attempt to see them so that perhaps you can point to the sign of a problem.  I did configure the CRJ7 to make sure the passenger door was set correctly, double checked cargo spots and fixed the power cart location.  Putting that config file in also just for good measure. 

Oh - and the log shows the passengers loaded but they did in one big chunk (rate set to normal) and no text or pax were seen.  Baggage is working just fine...concurrent loading of pax and cargo would be great but I understand the limits of scripting. 

Thanks in advance. 
Cheers, mike

Fiorentoni

Re: CRJ Passengers not being seen
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 10:35:18 am »
The first time i used GSX at Jackson Hole, WY I had passengers walk out off the shuttle bus and into the plane.  Now that I'm at Washington National and at a jetway I'm no longer seeing any passengers - I'm attaching the log file from my recent attempt to see them so that perhaps you can point to the sign of a problem.  I did configure the CRJ7 to make sure the passenger door was set correctly, double checked cargo spots and fixed the power cart location.  Putting that config file in also just for good measure. 

Oh - and the log shows the passengers loaded but they did in one big chunk (rate set to normal) and no text or pax were seen.  Baggage is working just fine...concurrent loading of pax and cargo would be great but I understand the limits of scripting. 

Thanks in advance. 
Cheers, mike

When you don't see the pax it's not the aircraft config at fault, but the airport. GSX does not recognize the jetway connection because it's not as described in the airport data it has read. Check via the "customize airport" if the correct AFCAD/BGL is being loaded by GSX (the one from Drzewecki I suppose). If not, there's your problem (not a Marketplace airport, is it?)

m_j_lyons

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 01:51:10 pm »
Thanks for the response - I uninstalled the 3rd party DCA airport just to rule that out with no change.  I have a custom AFCAD I made to correct airline parking and the default airport.  Unless I disable the GSX DCA gates I end up with duplicate parking spots showing up in the MSFS map to pick my starting spot.  I'll look into it a bit more. 

Fiorentoni

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 01:54:06 pm »
Unless I disable the GSX DCA gates I end up with duplicate parking spots showing up in the MSFS map to pick my starting spot.  I'll look into it a bit more.

And that's exactly what you have to do - disable all GSX jetways for your 3rdparty/custom scenery. GSX jetways are based on default airport data and won't be correctly placed at all on a custom AFCAD. And wrong placement (or to be more precise: a divergence between the GSX jetway data [based on default airport] and the actual used AFCAD by GSX) will disable visible passengers, so there's your problem. So tldr: Just exclude KDCA in the "config" and you'll be fine with whatever AFCAD you are using.