Author Topic: Simbrief Integration Uses Off Time Instead of Out Time  (Read 1861 times)

pilot3033

Simbrief Integration Uses Off Time Instead of Out Time
« on: August 22, 2022, 09:10:05 pm »
Noticed at Chicago, the gate display was counting down to the Off time (runway departure) not the out time (gate departure). I assume this is to help match the sim brief flight to the flight being conducted, but it meant the countdown was for 20min after when I intended to push back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simbrief Integration Uses Off Time Instead of Out Time
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 09:22:17 pm »
We can use this change to test if the update servers have improved their replication:

try Live Update now and notice if a few files named simBrief, safeDock3 and basic are being downloaded. If yes, it means updates are ok (at least on your node), and the VGDS should now show the Out time.

Adnanso

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 10:15:21 pm »
just tried the live update, simbrief and safedock were definitely amongst the downloaded files, so its seems to work

on the other hand, It re-downloaded and re-enabled once again all the jetway replacement for 3rd party products, as stated here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26794.0.html

Regards
Adnane BOURJA

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 10:34:08 pm »
We can use this change to test if the update servers have improved their replication:

try Live Update now and notice if a few files named simBrief, safeDock3 and basic are being downloaded. If yes, it means updates are ok (at least on your node), and the VGDS should now show the Out time.

Yes, I got them all using the universal installer. I am in Los Angeles, CA, USA.

MD-82

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 03:48:07 pm »
I just did a full removal of all things FSDT. (Both FSX's and all P3D sceneries etc). Removed all related folders from places like AppData and where Addon Manager was installed. I restarted the PC and installed GSX Pro. Everything worked in MSFS.
I then installed GSX in P3D (which can't be done via the Universal Installer as it tells you you need to download the individual GSX L2 installer from the website) and re-ran MSFS. GSX had stopped working. When I run Live Update I do not see SimBrief or SafeDock3. So I guess it means that my server is not up to date?

1. I know I can run the offline patch, but it would be nice to know when we can do normal updates again, and not guess

2. If so how come GSX Pro worked on first install and what does the P3D version do that breaks the MSFS version.

3. More importantly, can you give us a timeline as to when the servers will be updated? It's frustrating to just keep running updates until such a time a server node is up to date.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 03:56:21 pm by MD-82 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 05:38:26 pm »
So I guess it means that my server is not up to date?

Exactly, that's what is being said in the Offline installer instructions: you might use the Live Update to check if your local cloudflare node has been updated. If you see files downloading over and over, it means it hasn't, so you need to run the Offline installer again.