Author Topic: Cannot do anything in the parking editor, nor leave  (Read 2187 times)

bravo77whiskey

Re: Cannot do anything in the parking editor, nor leave
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 07:36:41 pm »
Did you do the following?

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled again. This time I selected a different location to install Addon Manager and it seems to have worked. I have been able to customize a position and get all services. Not sure if selecting a different location helped because I cleared everything I could find in the PC when I uninstalled before reinstalling. But at least I can enjoy it now. Thanks.

vincat84

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 02:39:46 am »
In my case I was able to fix it by following steps above in this topic.
They must improve this.
if I open now the FSDT live update there are a bunch of files that the program wants to upgrade. I don't trust it as I don't know if it is going to mess everything again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 02:50:09 am »
if I open now the FSDT live update there are a bunch of files that the program wants to upgrade. I don't trust it as I don't know if it is going to mess everything again

I'm not sure I'm following you. You are asking for improvements, but if you see updates, you don't trust them ? Note that you have any choice: if you see files listed there, it means they *are* being downloaded, it's not as if you could choose not to install them.

Which leads me to the next question: are you saying that, EACH time you run the Live Update, it keeps downloading the same files, over and over ?

If this is the case, than of course is not normal and, again, IT IS a server problem! The program *knows* we had an update, because your local file hash is not the same as the remote one, so it downloads it, but the file that arrives is not the version we have online, it's the older version that has been cached by cloudflare, because your local node hasn't got the latest version yet.

So, Live Update downloading and redownloading the same files over and over, even if you launch it many times in a short time, are a sure indication the problem is on the caching servers, which still haven't got the latest files.

You can TRY speeding up the process, by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

Then start the Live Update again. It might or might not help, in theory it shouldn't, but it's something worth trying.