Author Topic: Procedural Errors  (Read 730 times)

Emi

Procedural Errors
« on: August 20, 2022, 08:28:35 am »
Here's what I could figure out is procedurally wrong in GSX Pro so far. Please fix this items as they simply kill the realism. I'll update the list as it comes along.

1) Boarding: The Flight Crew is boarded when requesting boarding - however they should be long aboard at that time already.
The passengers will start boarding a second later. How are the flight crew supposed to carry out their preflight check and how's the cabin crew supposed to carry out their safety checks?

2) Pushback Start: It's taking the ground crew ages to connect the equipment. They say they're ready for pushback but it still takes over a minute until you can start moving. Very misleading info seeing that when I hear "we're ready" I'm requesting pushback clearance with ATC and they do expect me to start moving straight away.

3) Pushback End: Once the all clear signal is given by the ramp agent she *must not* pass in front of the aircraft again. The thumbs up means the aircraft is clear to taxi. She must not walk in front of the aircraft anymore then.

4) The airplane must be stopped for the marshaller to approach, otherwise he'll just drive by. In real life we never stop to get a follow me. They simply don't try to pick us up 15m in front of the airplane but a hundret or so.
It is beyond me why the follow me is still driving at a set speed in GSX Pro. Why not adapt to the planes speed or at least roughly it?

5) Parking guidance and hand signals: The hand signals during parking by the marshaller are not following the standard we see in daily operation in EASA land. Seeing that you're italian I would have expected you to model EASA standard. Which standard did you model? Doesn't seem to be FAA either so what are your hand signals based on?
Best regards,
Emanuel

Guenseli

Re: Procedural Errors
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:23:15 am »
+1 for all suggestions!

thx Emi