Author Topic: MSK Productions OPKC and GSX level 2  (Read 1340 times)

DVA12924

MSK Productions OPKC and GSX level 2
« on: July 21, 2022, 02:43:24 am »
for OPKC P3dv4+ (used in v5.3) - On the product page at SimMarket, it says "Option for SODE jetways (GSX Level 2)" but I find no such option when I have downloaded and installed the scenery. Was this a poor choice of words on MSKs part and by "option" it is meant that the user can disable the modeled static jetways and then make a GSX file themselves (which does not mean it is an option, but more of an ability since the user is able to do so, but is not supplied from the developer)? Furthermore, I did find a GSX file for the airport from RDPresets, but the instructions say to "Delete OPKC-JetForce" - NEVER delete a file, but change the extension to .off, but anyway this file name does not exist in the downloaded scenery. A file called jetways.bgl does, but changing this to .off also removed the jetway extensions. So the instructions are either for an old version, or are entirely incorrect.

So is there TRULY an option, supplied by the developer, for OPKC to use GSX SODE jetways, or do I do it myself? I have reached out to the developer, but no response. So, I am hoping someone in the GSX community may have  the answer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 02:58:09 am by DVA12924 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSK Productions OPKC and GSX level 2
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 03:57:24 pm »
If the scenery had an option for GSX/SODE  jetways, it should come with a GSX .INI profile, either placed in its scenery folder, or as a separate download (that would be the case if it's indicated as optional ), or possibly the scenery comes with some kind of utility to install the jetways, which will also result installing a GSX .INI profile.

Only the scenery developer can possibly know that.

Saying the scenery CAN be user-enhanced with GSX Jetways seems a bit of a stretch, since basically every scenery out there can, except very unusual cases a scenery full with static jetways, all part of the terminals, with no way to remove them.