Author Topic: Exclude folder is missing - FSDT GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 1841 times)

Allan4WD

Exclude folder is missing - FSDT GSX **SOLVED**
« on: April 12, 2022, 03:22:04 am »
I needed to change my install drive for P3Dv5. I uninstalled all aircraft as well as FSDT GSX and level 2 extension.
After I reinstalled P3D, aircraft and FSDT GSX then run P3D it complains the FSDT GSX Exclude folder is missing - which it is.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FSDT GSX - it does not solve the issue.
There were no errors seen when installing FSDT GSX.
What should I do to solve this issue?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 10:24:27 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Exclude folder is missing - FSDT GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 09:07:07 am »
After I reinstalled P3D, aircraft and FSDT GSX then run P3D it complains the FSDT GSX Exclude folder is missing - which it is. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FSDT GSX - it does not solve the issue.

This is not normal. The Fsdreamteam\Exclude folder is created by the GSX installer right in the very first step, where it says "Creating Directories", which is before files are being copied.

The only case in which the Exclude folder will be removed during the installation, is if you Cancel it while it's progressing, but in that case you'll see a message saying "Rollback changes", which will undo all the newly created folder/files, resulting in the Exclude folder being removed.

But a normal install will surely create that folder, which will also contain a some files and an empty "scenery" folder.

Be sure the installation completes correctly and, as usual, add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, then run the GSX installer again.

Allan4WD

Re: Exclude folder is missing - FSDT GSX
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 01:02:06 am »
Another remove and re-install worked - all Ok now