Author Topic: GSX doesn't recognize open doors  (Read 3032 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
GSX doesn't recognize open doors
« on: March 12, 2022, 09:23:40 pm »
I did a complete re-install of P3Dv5.3.  I'm using the Prosim737v3 aircraft.  When I use Tab-1, Tab-2 etc to open the doors, the doors physically open but when I try to board/un-board passengers GSX keeps asking me to open Exit 1 and Exit 2.  I used the GSX editor to configure all six doors with Custom open/close checks so I don't know why they aren't being recognized.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX doesn't recognize open doors
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 12:21:04 pm »
If GSX calls a door "Exit 1" or "Exit 2", it's a clear indication you have NO customization made for that particular airplane, so GSX will assume that airplane use the default variables for doors, so it will check *those*

Since 3rd party airplane don't always use default door variables, they need a proper configuration in GSX, which you should do by telling GSX which variable is used by each door, and this supports even the usage of custom variables read with an XML expression. The manual of course explains all of this at Page 53 so, the only thing you need, is to figure out which variable is associated to each door for that particular airplane. That's normal if you use ANY airplane that is not already included in the GSX internal database.

Or, if you don't want to do any of that, just set the door with "Door with no open/close checks", so GSX will just ignore the door's status and perform the service without waiting for you to open the door. Which of course will result in crew/passengers/bags/cargo going through the airplane bulkheads, if you don't open the relevant doors in time.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Re: GSX doesn't recognize open doors
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 06:51:37 pm »
It helps to read the manual.  There was a GSX file in the Prosim737/Extras folder.  I'm old and I forget these things.  Its working now.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND