Author Topic: GSX Newcomer - FSX SP2  (Read 1054 times)

pomak249

GSX Newcomer - FSX SP2
« on: March 07, 2022, 03:22:04 pm »
Hi Everyone I am thinking of buying both GSX and GSX Level2 for my FSX install but have just a couple of questions before I 'dive in'

1) In all the videos ive seen the aircraft is always a passenger jet, however I prefer to fly older twin/four prop aircraft like the JF DH Dove, JF HS748, Aerosoft Twin Otter and JF Viscount. Are these possible to set up using the aircraft configuration tool? (i came across a gsx.cfg for the Twotter so im guessing anything is possible?)
2) And does GSX replace the default FSX ground vehicles even if not requested? I use Zinertek HD Airport textures which does this and just wondered if GSX does the same?

Cheers
The product looks fantastic I havent installed the demo as I didnt want to get my hopes dashed straight away!

Mick

bcm652

Re: GSX Newcomer - FSX SP2
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 04:59:22 pm »
I use FSX because of the variety of default aircraft and GSX services all of the passenger jets, and to a lesser extent for the smaller twin engine aircraft.
I also have a couple of third party aircraft that I use and GSX does not service them to the same extent as FSX default aircraft. Which is understandable because FSDT couldn't possibly make GSX for every third party aircraft maker on the market.
I use GSX  for my FSX and it works very well for me, I would recommend it for you. Also remember, GSX starts out on a trial basis for you.
But, I will let the experts give you the finer points.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Newcomer - FSX SP2
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 08:53:39 am »
Yes, of course it's possible to configure GSX for such airplanes, the engine type is not really relevant, if the airplane is reasonably large, most of GSX services should adapt with no issues. Only the smaller planes might not be able to use all services.

No, GSX doesn't reply any of the default ground vehicles, except for the pushback truck, so they'll continue to be used by AI planes. When you call GSX, all default ground vehicles that might already be around your airplane will be automatically removed.