Author Topic: Unrecoverable error if activate pax barriers **SOLVED**  (Read 1449 times)

Aumkem

Unrecoverable error if activate pax barriers **SOLVED**
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:19:47 pm »
Hello,
If adding pax barriers with new GSX walk to gates i have an unrecoverable error each time.
IF  pax barriers unchecked , no issue.
Thanks for the help.
Best regards
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 05:15:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unrecoverable error if activate pax barriers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 03:38:37 pm »
When reporting of any problem, you should always do as follows:

- Be sure logging is enabled in the GSX Settings. Restart Couatl after you enabled logging.

- Try to reproduce the errors. When it comes out, choose NO to the question about restarting Couatl, otherwise your log will be lost, because the new session will overwrite it.

- Exit the sim and check this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

- DO NOT post the content but, instead ZIP THE LOG and use the Attach function of the forum to attach it to a post.

Aumkem

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 04:04:08 pm »
Hello,
Thanks,
This is it.
Once again , no issue if pax barrier unchecked.
Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 04:29:03 pm »
Your log shows a very strange situation, as if you updated the program partially (your Couatl exe IS the current version), because it's not finding an object which is surely part of the update and it's supposed to be downloaded automatically by the updater, together with all the other files.

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Be sure the firewall is not interfering.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

Of, you can try to update using the new Universal Installer, links are on the Products page and the NEW section of the home page.

Aumkem

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 04:36:53 pm »
Ok i will do it now.
Yes i have also see something curious because my desktop live update wasen't there so i did the coualt udpater2 to have the new GSX .
I'll do the setup like you advised et come back to you.
Do i need to uninstall before ?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 04:41:03 pm »
Yes i have also see something curious because my desktop live update wasen't there so i did the coualt udpater2 to have the new GSX .I'll do the setup like you advised et come back to you.Thanks

Ok, that's explains it. You should never start the Couatl_updater2 manually, because then you'll lost the ability for the updater to "update itself". That's why you should always start the Couatl_updater.exe, which doesn't do anything else than checking if there's a new version of Couatl_updater2.exe, which does the actual job.

Even if you lost the Desktop icon, the Couat_updater.exe should always be there, and that's what the icon pointed to.

So, with the outdated updater, you got some files, but the old updater2 didn't knew anything about the new objects, so it didn't download them. The Universal Installer will surely fix this, and restore the Desktop icons.

Aumkem

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 05:06:10 pm »
Thanks a lot for the help !
Universal installer restored the Live update icon on desktop , i was able to completed the update and now i have pax barriers without issue
Best regards