Author Topic: AFCAD? What is that?  (Read 1518 times)

MaxDE96

• I dont know
AFCAD? What is that?
« on: February 23, 2022, 09:43:11 am »
Hello dear community,

I installed GSX yesterday and have a question about it, I understood that you can adjust the vehicles individually, but what I did not understand is this AFCAD. I installed some airports yesterday, in my New Simulator (P3Dv5), where I noticed that some (or isolated) gates are not listed in the GSX list, although there is a gate there. Do I have to update or set the GSX to detect all new gates?

Kind regaards,
Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD? What is that?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 11:35:56 am »
The AFCAD is the .BGl that contains the airport definition. GSX will ignore isolated parking spot, because if they are not connected, vehicles won't be able to reach those.

MaxDE96

• I dont know
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 11:38:10 am »
Okey thanks for the answer, do you still have an answer to my problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 01:15:30 pm »
Okey thanks for the answer, do you still have an answer to my problem?

I thought my reply already answered it. GSX won't use isolated gates if they have been made like this in the scenery AFCAD so, your only option is edit the scenery, possibly using the freeware Airport Design Editor.

MaxDE96

• I dont know
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 02:10:51 pm »
Okey thank you, that's the problem in LEBL, for example, right next to me is a jetway, there is "No Jetway detected" in the menu. Otherwise, I'll take a look.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 02:53:55 pm »
Okey thank you, that's the problem in LEBL, for example, right next to me is a jetway, there is "No Jetway detected" in the menu.

That's an entirely different issue than the "parking is isolated", which is a specific situation in which GSX has a specific warning when you use it.

There might many reasons why a jetway is not detected by GSX:

- There's a conflicting AFCAD. The GSX scenery customization page indicates the AFCAD used by GSX, which is supposed to be the one that comes with the airport. If it's not, the filename should give you an hint about the conflicting scenery. GSX of course use the same rules of the simulator to decide which .BGL to load, and it's the one for that ICAO, with the highest priority in the Scenery Library so, the scenery ordering DOES matter.

- The jetway might just be static, so it can't be detected by GSX.

- Sometimes, when using SODE jetways, some scenery developers flagged their SODE jetways incorrectly, not using the proper naming standard, and this will result GSX not seeing those jetways.

MaxDE96

• I dont know
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 04:28:33 pm »
Thank you!