Author Topic: Rear stairs Issue **SOLVED**  (Read 3260 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rear stairs Issue **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 11:41:58 am »
Ok, now I understand and no, your problem doesn't have anything to do with the update, and couldn't possibly fixed by this fix.

For several reason which might be complex to explain, but in short are related to the fact we use only 2 L: variables to drive the stairs animations, but we can have up to 3 passenger stairs, you CANNOT have the "middle" stair working alone, because it needs to have at least another stair. GSX always worked like this since it was released.

When I first explained you how to change L1 to L2 and make it the preferred Exit, confirming it works, I didn't noticed you also wanted to disable L4, and that wouldn't work, because it would result in the Middle stair working alone, and that won't work.

So, if you want to use ONLY ONE STAIR, you should configure the plane as follows:

- L1 physically placed at the L2 location, set as Preferred, with "Door with Open/close checks as FSX Door #2"

- L2, L3 and L4 set to "No Door at this position".

This will work. Or, more precisely, I already checked and it DOES work. Basically, the rule is, if you have just ONE stair working on a plane, it CANNOT be the Middle Stair.

Blaws54

Re: Rear stairs Issue **SOLVED**
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 12:33:07 pm »
Hello Umberto, this fix has worked. Thank you for elaborating the program in further detail! Very helpful.

Cheers,
Boz