Author Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timing of Bulk Cargo Loading  (Read 1625 times)

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
[FEATURE REQUEST] Timing of Bulk Cargo Loading
« on: November 01, 2021, 03:38:36 am »
Hello!

Have a feature request to think about. When using GSX with aircraft equipped with Bulk Cargo, during deboarding and boarding process, both loaders (Cargo1 and Cargo2) and Bulk Cargo will come at the same time. There is no issue with loaders being in position. However, when the containers and baggage carts come, they get on top of each other. Is there a way to start the unloading/loading process of bulk cargo after rear cargo operation finishes? As I've mentioned, this only applies to baggage cart and container cart being on top of each other if there's not enough space.

When loaders are in position, no issues:
https://i.imgur.com/Hmn1fOF.png

But when carts come into position, they go on top of each other:
https://i.imgur.com/QigbSQt.png
https://i.imgur.com/v9i7IEn.png
https://i.imgur.com/KULShZI.png

I know this would increase the time it takes for the overall baggage loading process however even for a big airport it would only add 3-5 minutes extra.

Thanks for consideration Umberto.
Alp
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:18:42 am by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timing of Bulk Cargo Loading
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 04:02:21 am »
As far as I know, GSX doesn't have a bulk cargo loader setup at the present time. There is a main deck cargo loader for freighter aircraft. If I had to guess, I'm guessing since this particular aircraft doesn't use the main deck cargo loader, they decided to use it as a bulk cargo loader. Great idea in theory, but not what it was designed for, and the result is you end up with stuff like this. Main deck cargo doors are generally on the left side of the plane, so interference with the vehicles wouldn't be an issue there. But if somebody uses the main deck cargo for the bulk cargo, now you're just venturing into uncharted territory trying to do things it wasn't designed to do in the first place.
Captain Kevin

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 04:24:40 am »
What you mentioned is indeed correct. To my understanding, the 3rd loader has been added for cargo aircraft/operations in mind. This is consistent with the naming as well, [cargomain]. Main loader to the deck and cargo1 and cargo2 to the lower deck. However using loaders, we can implement the bulk cargo loading which has been used by lot of tens of thousands of people (FSDT forums, file download numbers, FSL forums, PMDG forums, etc.). This is my work around for using the available loaders. This is probably not what it was designed and I don't know if it actually breaks something (for example custom interaction with 3rd party aircrafts).

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 05:32:50 am »
As far as I'm aware, FSLabs can interact with GSX without you ever having to open the GSX window. Not knowing what their configuration is, I don't know if using the main deck loader would affect anything. That said, the vehicles don't really know of the other vehicles' existence, so they will most certainly run into each other if you try to get them to do things they weren't designed to do. If a bulk cargo loader is ever implemented, I assume the paths it is built to take would take this into consideration. Certainly not a main deck cargo loader. Trying to get your disguised bulk cargo loader to start after the rear cargo is completed would mean that the actual main deck cargo would be delayed with unloading, which would be a waste of time for those who are actually using it for its intended purpose.
Captain Kevin

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 03:34:37 am »
I wonder what @virtuali Umberto's take on this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 11:01:38 am »
We designed the Main Cargo to be used only as Main Cargo. Repurposing in differnent ways is not tested and won't likely work.