Author Topic: updating  (Read 1269 times)

sags

updating
« on: November 07, 2021, 03:12:42 pm »
I receive a message instructing me to update using icon link on desktop. However, there is no icon link on my desktop. What must I do to get this update?

Regards
Trevor

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: updating
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 06:03:34 pm »
Trevor, if it's not on the desktop for some reason, go to the location where you installed the Add-on Manager and run Couatl_Updater.exe.
Captain Kevin

sags

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 07:15:28 pm »
I don't have the file "Couatl_Updater.exe" anywhere. Now what?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 10:35:23 am »
Then yo do not have GSX installed, must be in X:\Addon Manager

The default installation for ALL FSDT products ( sceneries for FSX, P3D and MSFS ) and GSX is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

Of course, if during the first installation the users chose another place, which could be another drive too, that might be anything, like D:\Addon Manager, E:\Addon Manager, but, regardless of the actual location, the FSDT Live Updater executable, which is named "Couatl_Updater.exe", will always be in the root of the Addon Manager folder.

A Desktop icon would be created automatically by any installer but, when uninstalling something, the Desktop shortcut will be removed, but the executable will still be there, so it can be launched manually, it won't make any difference if there was a Desktop shortcut or not, which would be recreated by running any installer.