Author Topic: GSX problem after update (FSX) **SOLVED**  (Read 8632 times)

joaoperalta

Re: GSX problem after update (FSX)
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 03:07:01 pm »
OK I got it yes when I close windows and restart then open FSX and ok GSX appears as Couatl. I hope I answered what you asked me... 

Joao

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2021, 12:24:28 pm »
OK I got it yes when I close windows and restart then open FSX and ok GSX appears as Couatl. I hope I answered what you asked me... 

Ok, so Couatl is clearly working on your system and, your only problem is that it doesn't work on a 2nd session.

If this is the case, then the problem might just be you are restarting FSX too quickly after the initial session.

As explained in some many threads in this forum, even if the FSX icon has disappeared, it doesn't mean it's safe to restart it, because all the executables started by it might still be finishing to close, and this will of course change depending how many you have and your system RAM ( which in FSX can't be more then 4GB anyway ).

AFTER a Windows restart, check with the Task manager if Couatl.exe closes normally when you quit FSX. Only THEN it's safe to start FSX again. If you restart it before it closed, it won't run on the 2nd session, becuase the first one is still closing.

joaoperalta

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2021, 06:19:29 pm »
I'm sorry but I feel a sadness with FSX I find it very unstable. Yesterday morning I turned on the PC and made a flight plan, opened FSX and GSX nothing (when I turned on the PC was just in the morning so I had not started before).
This morning exactly the same situation. Honestly before the upg. my GSX was a wonder I have this program since the first release.
What could it be?

Joao

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2021, 09:47:24 am »
I'm sorry but, as you can clearly see, you are the one and only one not being able to start GSX after the update. I cannot reproduce any of your problems, and nobody else is still reporting issues of GSX not starting.

I've always base my suggestions on your reports, but they seem to change. Sometimes you say it never works, sometimes you say it works after a Windows restart. Clearly, something wrong is going on with your system, maybe it's time for a complete reinstall.

joaoperalta

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 01:57:02 pm »
I think your suggestion is to reboot the GSX from scratch right? So you can help me I have in the Control Panel the GSX version 2.5.0.5, I go there and uninstall? after the installation I go to your site to dowl the GSX and install? my installation code is valid? sorry for the questions but I know little of Informatica

Joao

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2021, 02:01:30 pm »
I don't think your problem is anything in GSX. The most likely cause is still the antivirus. However, if you want to do a more complete uninstall/reinstall, do as follows:

- Uninstall from the Windows Control Panel and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?

- Download the latest installer.

- Be ABSOLUTELY SURE the Addon Manager folder you'll chose to install IS added to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Try restarting Windows at the end of the installation, before launching it for the first time.

joaoperalta

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2021, 02:55:44 pm »
Thanks for the tip, the problem appeared when I did the upgt by you released so much that I mentioned in the opening of this post the problem of the lights on the panel of the A320 Aerosoft. It would not be good sense to have to install everything where I have 80 Addons installed and not migrated to Prepar3D for financial reasons like me there are many in this World for sure. Thank you for your support, I will try to do the installation and report on the situation.

Joao Peralta

joaoperalta

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2021, 09:03:33 pm »
Virtuali first Thank you for your help it's been this long since my last report so far it's been working well I hope it stays that way once again Thank you

João Peralta