Author Topic: I just got FSX Deluxe...  (Read 4922 times)

KENWryan

I just got FSX Deluxe...
« on: December 30, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »
Can I move the Dreamteam Scenery to the new version without repurchasing anything.....I really hope so, I read up on it and can't see the original reg. key that is discussed and don't want to reinstall FSX deluxe until I'm 100% sure that KORD will be moved to the new version as well
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:40:30 pm by KENWryan »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: I just got FSX Deluxe...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »
You'll have to install the FSX versions, but you've already paid for them.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:18:38 pm »
I read up on it and can't see the original reg. key that is discussed and don't want to reinstall FSX deluxe until I'm 100% sure that KORD will be moved to the new version as well

You can't "move" the version you installed under FS9. You need to download and install the FSX version of the scenery.

As explained on our product pages, the serial number is shared between the two versions so, depending on your configuration, there are two cases:

- If you have activated KORD on your current Windows installation, even if you uninstall KORD and FS9 itself and install FSX, you don't need to do anything: just installing the FSX version of the scenery, will already work as fully registerered.

- If you reinstalled Windows or are using a different PC for FSX, after you installed the FSX version of the scenery,  you simply need to use the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager to activate it.

KENWryan

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 02:30:02 am »
I went from FSX standard to the deluxe, I should have clarified that..and the trip tonight to O'Hare with the upgraded FSX it is still showing the same: jetways only, with only a small amount of your cargo ramp scenery to the SW, I'll check the forums but as I stated, all I did was swap the old FSX with the new and nothing is working now...No Addon manager either on the task bar above
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:34:48 am by KENWryan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »
No Addon manager either on the task bar above

That's an entirely different issue that, of course, doesn't have anything to do with moving the scenery, repurchasing or activating or reactivating.

As explained, many times already, if the scenery, for any reason, lose its activation, it will NOT DISAPPEAR!!! It will run, perfectly, in full, with every object present, in Trial mode for 5-6 minutes at time.

So, your question is not an activation, reactivation or reinstallation question: it's a problem of why the program is just not working now, which might be related in the way how you "moved" from FSX Standard to FSX Deluxe. How you did that ?

I think you'll have to reinstall also the Service Packs, both 1 and 2 and THEN you have to reinstall the scenery. However, I reallty don't have any idea if this would work, a safer way would be to entirely uninstall FSX Standard, and also remove its folder, then Install FSX Deluxe, Install Sp1, Install Sp2, THEN reinstall all your addons.

KENWryan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:56:21 am »
That was exactly what I did in the first place--At first I removed FSDT and the corresponding AFCAD files to another folder for fear that it would be lost when I made the switch to Deluxe, I removed FSX (program wise) and then the icon for it, then reinstalled FSX deluxe, SP1, SP2 and SDK then SDK SP1a and then put the FSDT stuff back in I probably should have just left it be seeing as how I didn't remove any of my WOAI or addon aircraft and they were all there when I did the swap of programs, which is another question all together, last night after my post I went and redownloaded FSDT KORD and have yet to check on it.  Is the option open to just removing the scenery totally and redownloading it or is that a no no?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 11:45:28 am »
It's always wrong to shuffle folders and put them back. You should always run the proper uninstaller, then run again the proper installer. Please, believe this, at least in case of our sceneries, because the installers are not just "file copy" operations: there are several files that need to be updated with installing and when uninstalling.

So, it's now best if you simply uninstall our sceneries with the proper uninstaller ( which, as with any Windows program, is in the Control Panel ), then reinstall them.

At the end of the install, you might try to install also the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

that might update something you might not have fully updated, without the need to redownload the whole sceneries.

KENWryan

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 06:39:38 pm »
It worked just fine everything is now in order at O'Hare just a simple re-download of the file form your website fixed it, thanks for the help...and the great looking airport and the trees aren't dancing anymore I think it had to do with my "Nicks SunFix" download