Author Topic: Calling Bus/Passengers with SODE Jetways enabled for a particular gate  (Read 1501 times)

SteamingSpoon

Hello,

I apologize if this question has been answered in a previous thread (did some digging, but nothing specific to this exact request came up). I've recently been flying the Q400 and have often found that SODE/L2 jetways are unable to dock with the airplane, I'm assuming because of its height. Due to this I can almost never get a proper boarding process, except for when the parking I'm at doesn't have any jetways at all. This is semi realistic because at least in the US Q400s often park at gates with jetways but don't use them. My question is, is there any way to call the passenger bus or have the PAX walk out of the terminal to the airplane without using the jetway (i.e. without receiving the "No Jetways can Operate at this position/You will not see passengers visually" messages)? When I do receive these warnings boarding takes all of about 20 seconds to complete which is a bit bothersome.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Calling Bus/Passengers with SODE Jetways enabled for a particular gate
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:33:23 am »
This is semi realistic because at least in the US Q400s often park at gates with jetways but don't use them. My question is, is there any way to call the passenger bus or have the PAX walk out of the terminal to the airplane without using the jetway

The only way to do that, right now, is customize the parking position by setting "No Jetway" in the Jetways(s) field. But this will remove the jetway visually for that parking and it will happen for all airplanes.

We'll probably need to add a way to ask for a "Bus-deboarding" even if the parking has a jetway in the normal boarding menu to allow this.