Author Topic: Leaving slew mode doesn't leave pushback / position editor  (Read 3518 times)

TSG

Leaving slew mode doesn't leave pushback / position editor
« on: September 17, 2019, 05:57:19 pm »
Hi All, hope you're well.

I have just reinstalled everything on FSX after a new PC build, and it's been a while since I last used GSX - it looks like there's been some great changes, but I can't seem to quite get all of them to work!

My main issue is that, after using the 3D editor to change pushbacks or aircraft positions, pressing Y results in me leaving slew mode (controls revert to normal and SLEW clears in bottom right), but the 3D editor doesn't quit (all the symbols for the 3D editor still remain and nothing has saved). I'm then unable to leave the 3D editor without disabling GSX through the Add-Ons menu.

I never had this issue back on the old build, but that was many versions of GSX ago. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Leaving slew mode doesn't leave pushback / position editor
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 06:00:37 pm »
You mean the full parking customization editor, not the new QuickEdit for pushback ?

TSG

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:05:19 pm »
Hi Virtuali

Full marks for rapid reply times! Thanks for that. It was in both the QuickEdit and full editor, but problem now solved, after reading other threads I gathered a common theme: other addons stealing keys! Turns out VRS TacPack had stolen the Y key from GSX, even though the slew mode was working normally.

Issue solved!

Cheers.

tausifraza786

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 02:17:53 pm »
Sir can you please tell how you solved this issue.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 05:10:45 pm »
Sir can you please tell how you solved this issue.
Check to make sure other add-ons aren't using those same keys.
Captain Kevin

tausifraza786

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 06:59:28 pm »
I also have tacpack installed, which I think is stealing the Slew command button, but unable to change it in tacpack nor in GSX.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 05:21:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 05:21:43 pm »
I also have tacpack installed, which I think is stealing the Slew command button, but unable to change it in tacpack nor in GSX.

Slew it's a Event, not a key associated to it.

When there's a conflict between two add-ons using the same keys, you can usually fix it in one or the other, by assigning a different key. However, in this case, the other addon has taken the Event itself, so it's not a key conflict, but just the fact the add-on took the event for itself, and it's not giving it back.

GSX requires the Slew event ONLY when editing something, but it always give it back to the sim when it's done with it, as it should.