Author Topic: How do I tell GSX not to use jetway for vintage prop airliners? Connie, DC6, DC7  (Read 1603 times)

RandyC

Hi.  I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but if it has, I couldn't figure out what words to use to search for it.

I have created a gsx.cfg for my A2A Connie.  I have it using the embedded air stairs, so no problems there.  The problem I'm having is the passengers only work if I'm at a gate with no jetway.  If there's a jetway, I get no bus for the passengers and no bus for the crews.  The only thing that works is the baggage cart and conveyer belt.
My question is how do I tell GSX to ignore the jetway with this particular aircraft?  To use the services as if there were no jetway there at all?  I also want to get my DC-6s, DC-7s, to all work this way, but I can't find what I need to put in the GSX.cfg to get the results I'm looking for.  Help, please?   Thank you in advance.

I guess the better way to put this is how do I tell GSX this aircraft can't use a jetway?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:04:48 am by RandyC »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
There isn't a way to tell a gate doesn't have jetway *just* for a specific set of airplanes, we would have to add this feature.

RandyC

Thanks so much for your reply.

I do hope you'll consider adding a parameter in, for example, the individual aircraft's GSX.cfg that will tell the airport gate that this aircraft can't use a jetway, so it would have access to either the GSX Air Stairs or use of the aircrafts' own embedded stair case, despite the presence of a jetway at that gate.

That way, it wouldn't just look better for use with classic prop liners, but also for Dash 8 series turboprops and executive and other regional jets that just can't match up to a jetway.

More and more airports don't have many parking spaces without jetways, except in GA ramp areas, nowhere near airline boarding areas.

Thanks for your work! :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:30:32 am by RandyC »