Author Topic: GSX Airport regeneration faulure  (Read 2267 times)

jiequinn

GSX Airport regeneration faulure
« on: March 18, 2021, 07:58:51 pm »
Hi Folks

I am looking for some help. GSX for some reason seems to be really temperamental recently sometimes it will work and other times it won't. I have been trying to troubleshoot myself the only thing that works is deleting the files.bin file but surely there must be some issue somewhere it could well be at my side but I am all out of ideas.

I have checked the log and it looks like I am getting this error message -

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin" (system:32), accessing "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin"
Airport cache regeneration report:
Folder F:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Envtex\scenery processed in 0 seconds

I have excluded all files and folders relating to GSX and P3D from my windows defender also.

I have attached the log here also in case you spot something that could be an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

John Quinn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Airport regeneration faulure
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 10:44:27 pm »
Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin" (system:32), accessing "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin"

This seems to indicate either of these:

- You restarted the sim too quickly after closing the previous session, not giving it enough time to close all the programs started there, including GSX, so another copy of it might still be running. This should be fixed with a Windows restart.

OR

- The antivirus is blocking access to the GSX airport cache folder, which must be added to the antivirus exclusions too ( exclude C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder )

OR

- There might be permissions issues with that folder, related to your user account. Remove the whole C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder and try again. If you get any kind of error if you are trying to remove it, restart Windows and remove the folder before starting the simulator.

jiequinn

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 10:09:42 am »
Hi

Thank you so much for your reply and the help offered.

I have tried all listed below and have ensured each time to restart my computer but the same thing is happening and I still get the failed message.

I can't pin point when this actually started happening which is annoying as I'm sure it's simple to fix

I have done a complete re-install and it worked but then I resynced my orbx scenery and the same thing happened again its appears to be anytime I make a change to my scenery that this happens.

Thank you
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 02:27:25 pm »
I have tried all listed below and have ensured each time to restart my computer but the same thing is happening and I still get the failed message.

I can only repeat and confirm the only possible causes of that error are one of the 3 I listed in my previous message:

Something else you can try:

- Remove the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder AFTER a Windows restart, and reinstall GSX

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.