Author Topic: Skeleteon vehicles  (Read 1689 times)

Delboy

Skeleteon vehicles
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:56:44 am »
Good morning. Maybe I spoke too soon on yesterday's post (Installation)! The vehicles with people inside now appear to be skeletal. This is after re-installing GSX. My system is on Windows 10 and I'm using Fsx-Se.Any help would really be appreciated!
Darrell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Skeleteon vehicles
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 09:59:13 am »
If only some objects are missing or parts are missing, it's usually a problem of video memory corruption so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall the scenery and GSX too, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the installer.

Delboy

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:53:21 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my PC to no avail. I'm wary of the second suggestion - I verified the files on my copy of FSX-SE and that's when the problems seemed to occur. I also believe that FSX-SE doesn't need the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak but tried it anyway. Another possibility is that just before this I updated my version of Windows 10 to the latest one. I wonder if it's just one update to far for my ageing PC?
Darrell.

Delboy

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 06:27:39 pm »
Scatterbrained - I did as suggested with the FSX.CFG and it's now working fine.
Many Thanks Del