Author Topic: GSX not launching with multiple third-party aircraft  (Read 2913 times)

CityPilot

GSX not launching with multiple third-party aircraft
« on: November 26, 2020, 01:51:29 pm »
Hi all,

GSX is not launching correctly (sometimes not at all) when loading in P3D with the FSL A320 or the NGXu. None of the gates at my airports show and none of the menus (incl the addon manager one) work. I've loaded in with a default aircraft multiple times and each time GSX has fired up and worked as intended. I've followed the VC reinstall steps and have added exceptions to anti-virus and firewall, although I don't think that is the issue.

This is essentially a fresh install of P3D v5. Running the latest versions of everything mentioned above.

Thank you in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not launching with multiple third-party aircraft
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:19:18 pm »
Just tried it now, with the latest FS Labs A320 patched for 5.1 HF1, and no issues I can see.

Just be sure you don't call the GSX menu too early, because it got the chance to complete loading all jetways, which is done at each reset, including changing airplane. If you call the GSX menu before it's ready, it might get stuck, especially if you press the hotkey again because you haven't see the menu the first time.

CityPilot

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 05:01:44 pm »
I'm not trying to call it. GSX doesn't show up in the addon menu when I load in with either of the jets I mentioned in my original post. If I click on Addon Manager the window does not open. If I restart the sim and load into the airport in a default aircraft everything works just fine. I've had GSX since the FSX days and have never run into an issue like this. I hope that you can help as I've tried everything you've suggested in many of the posts in this forum with no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 05:08:44 pm »
If I click on Addon Manager the window does not open.

You mean you DO have all the FSDT menus ( Addon Manager, Couatl and GSX ), but they just don't respond ? And it only happens with some 3rd party airplanes ? That's strange and, as I've said, it doesn't happen here. I'm using latest 5.1 HF1. Previous versions had several bugs in the menu system, which are supposed to be fixed now.

Also, if you update from 5.0 to 5.1, be sure you update using the full P3D installer, if you update just the client, some files required for the menus to work will not be installed, resulting in issues with any program that use menus.

CityPilot

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 05:24:05 pm »
No, I do not have all of the menu options, that is what I'm trying to explain. The GSX option does not show when I load in with the NGXu and FSL A320 (the only two add-on aircraft currently installed). Couatl and Addon Manager are both present however they are INOP. You click on either and no window pops up. This does not happen with default aircraft.

I did not update - as I said before this is a fresh install of P3D v5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 06:20:23 pm »
The GSX option does not show when I load in with the NGXu and FSL A320 (the only two add-on aircraft currently installed). Couatl and Addon Manager are both present however they are INOP. You click on either and no window pops up. This does not happen with default aircraft.

As I've said, I cannot reproduce it here. Tried with FS Labs.

I did not update - as I said before this is a fresh install of P3D v5.

P3D V5 doesn't say anything. Do you mean 5.1 HF1, which is the latest version ?

CityPilot

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:29:49 pm »
I understand you cannot reproduce it, but it doesn't negate the fact that it is happening. The latest version that is available for download from the Lockheed site includes HF1, does it not? 5.1.12.26829
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:32:04 pm by CityPilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 11:10:49 am »
I understand you cannot reproduce it, but it doesn't negate the fact that it is happening

I'm not saying I don't believe it's happening to YOU. But since it doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it, it's clearly some kind of problem in your system, possibly caused by ANOTHER add-on ( not FS Labs / PMDG ) you have but I don't and probably not many others have as well, otherwise if it was common, we would have plenty of similar reports, not just yours.

Of course, I can only do a test based on what you report. You said GSX doesn't work with those two aircraft, so I tried with the one I have installed now ( I'll try with PMDG as well ), and it doesn't happen so, unless you can provide with more detail about other add-ons you have installed, I can only repeat and confirm that, GSX with FS Labs and nothing else installed surely works with no issue.

FS Labs has made a very complete integration with GSX: don't you think if GSX "really" had a problem with it, they would have told us, since I guess they must use it very extensively ?

The latest version that is available for download from the Lockheed site includes HF1, does it not? 5.1.12.26829

Yes, that's the latest version. You are now saying you are using the latest installer for P3DV5, that's why I had to ask, because you only said it was "a fresh install", without saying which version of P3D5 you used.

You must understand the ability to get supported, is directly proportional to the accuracy/completeness of your reports.