Author Topic: Question about GSX vs SODE jetway docking  (Read 2024 times)

MeesM

Question about GSX vs SODE jetway docking
« on: October 08, 2020, 08:45:49 pm »
Hi there,

So I've noticed that when I dock a jetway through the SODE window, the soft part (I don't know what to call it) wraps nicely around my aircraft, whereas doing it through the GSX menu it goes staight through my aircraft. Also the AI aircraft docked at either a SODE or a GSXL2 jetway use this feature. Can we hope for this to be implemented in a future update? It'd be great, I love it when the jetway wraps itself tightly around my fuselage..:)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about GSX vs SODE jetway docking
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:51:02 pm »
The difference between using SODE from the GSX menu and SODE from its own menu, it's that when GSX calls SODE, it will send to SODE its own GSX airplane customization, while when using them from SODE, it will use the SODE internal database of airplane models.

Usually, the GSX customization is more precise, since it's customized for each airplane and you can easily edit it but, if that SODE 3rd party jetway has been modeled using the SODE own database, you might see some difference, but you cannot be sure of *another* SODE jetway, maybe made by another scenery, might not instead work better with the GSX configuration, since not all jetways from all scenery developers are made in the same way.

AI will always use the SODE configuration, since GSX doesn't store or handle custom configuration for AI airplanes, so they always work using the generic SODE database.