Author Topic: Default scenario automatically loads when starting P3D after FSDT live update  (Read 3206 times)

mttkelty1

Hi there,

After running the latest FSDT live update, I'm seeing a very strange issue. When I start P3DV4, I now see the scenario selection screen as normal but then a second later the load bar appears and the default scenario loads. After the load bar is completed, the scenario selection screen is still open but i can hear the simulation sounds in the background as if the scenario has loaded. There is no visual though.. After restarting my system twice, I decided to do a system restore to the previous day before I had run the FSDT live update. After completing the system restore, I was able to load P3D again as normal but now my FSDT scenery buildings and ground textures were gone. I checked the Scenery library hierarchy but was correct. My land class sceneries were all below my FSDT sceneries.  I checked a few of my other sceneries and all appeared to be working fine. When I went to the add-on drop down menu, GSX was now missing. I then ran the FSDT live update again and restarted my system. As soon as I tried to start up P3D after rebooting, I was back to the initial problem where the default scenario would automatically load. Any ideas what is causing this issue? I haven't been able to find anything relevant when searching around online.

Thanks,
Matt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please clarify your problem:

- Is your P3D normally configured to show the startup scenario loading screen ?

- If yes, have you previously configured it to load a custom default flight, or you always used to start P3D from the default scenario and always moved to the airport and loaded the airplane at each flight ?

Because, if any of these things changed, it seems your Prepar3D.cfg has *changed*, so it reverted to default but the thing is, the FSDT Live Update NEVER changes the Prepar3d.cfg file, it's only *read* to check some settings, but never written back to.

mttkelty1

Thanks for the reply!

- Is your P3D normally configured to show the startup scenario loading screen ?

Yes. I've always had P3D configured to show the scenario screen after startup. I've never had it startup directly in the F22 default scenario.

- If yes, have you previously configured it to load a custom default flight, or you always used to start P3D from the default scenario and always moved to the airport and loaded the airplane at each flight ?

No i've never made any manual edits to the Prepare3D.CFG file. However, when I go to my Prepare3D.CFG file folder, it shows the .CFG file as last edited yesterday. However, All I did yesterday was uninstall and reinstall GSX and start up P3D to test (with no luck).

Is there some entry in the .CFG file I should be looking for that was changed somehow to cause this?

Thanks for the support,
Matt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
No i've never made any manual edits to the Prepare3D.CFG file.

I never said you edited it manually. When I said "have you previously configured it to load a custom default flight", I asked if you used the normal interface of the simulator to change the default startup flight.

However, when I go to my Prepare3D.CFG file folder, it shows the .CFG file as last edited yesterday. However, All I did yesterday was uninstall and reinstall GSX and start up P3D to test (with no luck)

Just because you installed GSX yesterday, and the latest changed date of the Prepar3d.cfg is yesterday, it doesn't mean it was GSX or its installer that did this. The simulator *ITSELF* will always rewrite the Prepar3d.cfg file every time it exit from a session, regardless if you changed a setting or not.

mttkelty1

Ok, I seemed to have resolved the issue by uninstalling GSX, updating P3D and then re-installing GSX . I hadn't updated P3D in about 1.5 years so there must have been something incompatible between P3D and the latest FSDT update. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks,
Matt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I hadn't updated P3D in about 1.5 years so there must have been something incompatible between P3D and the latest FSDT update. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Well, we surely don't support anything less than P3D 4.4, which came out November 2018, but our installers and the updater check for that, and won't let you install if you have a version that is too old. It's more likely you had the correct version, but not being updated in a such a long time, might have other issues.