Author Topic: (SOLVED) GSX L2 wrong position of baggage trains at EDDV  (Read 3324 times)

Pit

(SOLVED) GSX L2 wrong position of baggage trains at EDDV
« on: June 22, 2020, 11:16:39 pm »
Hello,

I installed the new Justsim EDDV P3Dv4++ Scenery yesterday, and i noticed a strange behaviour ragarding the position of the Cargo/Baggage Trains on deboarding. This issue is only during deboarding of an aircraft, when I choose boarding everything works as should. I attach a picture here below to show the problem I am having.

Hope someone can explain me what is going wrong. It doesen´t matter wich aircraft I use, neither if docking on a jetway or at parking spot, this problem is only with Justsim EDDV Scenery!!

P3DV4.5 HF3, GSX Level2 with June 16 Update, Justsim EDDV P3Dv4++ Scenery, SODE 1.7.1

Regards Pit.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:25:48 pm by Pit »

Pit

Re: GSX L2 wrong position of baggage trains at EDDV
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 11:40:16 am »
Hi,

no one else using Justsim EDDV yet, or seeing this issue with other scenery? Am I the only one?

Regards, Pit. 

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 12:21:55 pm »
no one else using Justsim EDDV yet, or seeing this issue with other scenery? Am I the only one?
I don't have this scenery, and even if I did, I wouldn't have any way of checking for you since I'm in the office now and I don't leave the office until middle of July. I haven't seen this with any other scenery, either.
Captain Kevin

Pit

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 04:00:37 pm »
Hi Kevin,

thanks for the answer. Sure, if you don´t have the Justsim EDDV you can´t test or even reproduce the issue. I hoped that someone else installed the scenery too so that  at least I could check if it is only me or everyone too using Justsim EDDV.
The Justsim developpers cannot help me, they say it is because the Baggage Trains are too close to the aircrafts and no other position were available to set on..... it doesn´t sound logical to me...... don´t know.

Anyway thanks for your concern in answering my question, appreciated!  :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:18:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 04:18:39 pm »
they say it is because the Baggage Trains are too close to the aircrafts and no other position were available to set on..... it doesn´t sound logical to me...... don´t know.

Is this scenery coming with its own GSX customization ? This explanation seems to suggest that, as if they placed the vehicles there, because everywhere else resulted in a conflict between other ground objects.

If they created ground vehicles as ground Simobjects, GSX would remove those automatically when using a parking, but if they are static objects, it's not possible.

Pit

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 04:48:09 pm »
Hi Umberto, great to have your support in this unusual case!

Yes, Justsim deliver a own GSX customization File with the scenery and in the installation manual is reccomended to delete all previous eddv*.ini files in  Roaming\Virtuali\GSX folder before installing the scenery. What I did.
The objects ( Baggage Trains ) are not static, they are the GSX own vehicles I always see when using boarding/deboarding. But when it is up to the deboarding the trains start and end far away from the aircraft, not at the two belt loaders as expected to do (as shown in my picture)...... the workers put the baggage in the air!
I can´t understand ( I even tried to customize the parking position by myself, but no luck, the same issue as with the Justsim customization file ).

Regards, Pit.

Pit

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 09:43:41 pm »
they say it is because the Baggage Trains are too close to the aircrafts and no other position were available to set on..... it doesn´t sound logical to me...... don´t know.

Is this scenery coming with its own GSX customization ? This explanation seems to suggest that, as if they placed the vehicles there, because everywhere else resulted in a conflict between other ground objects.

If they created ground vehicles as ground Simobjects, GSX would remove those automatically when using a parking, but if they are static objects, it's not possible.

Hello Umberto and interested readers of this thread,

I have found a "dirty" solution for my problem when the baggage trains in Justsim EDDV ( and nowadays also on Justim EDDS ) don´t dock at the loader belts for deboarding. I customized the two baggage trains outside the aircraft zone, behind the service way into the terminal... yes!! Upon Umberto´s hint about the "static object that couldn´t be moved" I noticed that in fact the object placed in the scenery (whatever they are) stopped somehow the path of the trains, so I placed the GSX trains behind those objects, now  looking forward to the aircraft nose..... and it worked!! Please see the two pics I attached here below.
I don´t know how Justsim could deliver this scenery as "Ready and GSX Compatible", the issue I experienced is more then clear and should have been solved professionally before the addon was placed in the stores. Therefore I will think about this experience for future decisions about new addons.

Regards, Pit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:14:37 am by Pit »

a2h

Re: (SOLVED) GSX L2 wrong position of baggage trains at EDDV
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 12:15:52 pm »
Hello Umberto and interested readers of this thread,

I have found a "dirty" solution for my problem when the baggage trains in Justsim EDDV ( and nowadays also on Justim EDDS ) don´t dock at the loader belts for deboarding. I customized the two baggage trains outside the aircraft zone, behind the service way into the terminal... yes!! Upon Umberto´s hint about the "static object that couldn´t be moved" I noticed that in fact the object placed in the scenery (whatever they are) stopped somehow the path of the trains, so I placed the GSX trains behind those objects, now  looking forward to the aircraft nose..... and it worked!! Please see the two pics I attached here below.
I don´t know how Justsim could deliver this scenery as "Ready and GSX Compatible", the issue I experienced is more then clear and should have been solved professionally before the addon was placed in the stores. Therefore I will think about this experience for future decisions about new addons.

Thank you! This helped me, I saw this post earlier but didn't have the time to adjust my GSX config and test the results until recently. It is kinda weird JustSim delivered it that way, but as always, we never know how they tested it.
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks

Pit

Re: (SOLVED) GSX L2 wrong position of baggage trains at EDDV
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 09:27:55 pm »
Thank you! This helped me, I saw this post earlier but didn't have the time to adjust my GSX config and test the results until recently. It is kinda weird JustSim delivered it that way, but as always, we never know how they tested it.

Hi a2h,
I´m glad I could help someone more in solving that weird problem when using Justsim EDDV scenery! Following that schema I also solved similar problems I had with Justim´s EDDS: I´m the opinion that  the original GSX-configuration of the ground vehicles delivered by Justsim is not the best one, I think they have no time (or yet patience) to configure their airports for a clean GSX implementation.

Regards, Pit.