Author Topic: Passengers not using rear stairs  (Read 1685 times)

mwyatt

Passengers not using rear stairs
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:08:15 am »
Hi,
I am using P3D V4.5, Win 10, GSX and GSX2. I have downloaded a new plane (freeware), a Boing 737 Max 8, beautiful plane.
The rear door opens correctly, the stairs approach and work correctly, but the passengers only use the front stairs.
If I change to a Airbus 320, then passengers use the rear stairs correctly.
What am I doing wrong please, I appreciate this is not a GSX problem directly, hopefully some one has the answer.
Best regards, Martin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers not using rear stairs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 03:19:24 pm »
Before you can use any airplane not already included in the GSX internal database, you must create a configuration for it. This is of course all explained in the manual.

mwyatt

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 03:58:51 pm »
Hi, thank you for your quick reply.
I had already configured the plane as you suggested. The doors open correctly and the stairs/baggage loader all connect correctly to their appropriate doors.
However I have found a possible solution.
If I open/close the doors using the keyboard command Shift/E/1 or 2 or 3, then the passengers use only the front stairs.
However if I use the "cockpit view" switches to open/close the doors, then the passengers use both sets of stairs.
Not sure why that should make a difference, but it does, and solves my problem.
Thank you for your input.
Martin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 03:22:22 pm »
If I open/close the doors using the keyboard command Shift/E/1 or 2 or 3, then the passengers use only the front stairs.
However if I use the "cockpit view" switches to open/close the doors, then the passengers use both sets of stairs.Not sure why that should make a difference, but it does, and solves my problem.

There shouldn't be any difference using the keys and the cockpit view icon. GSX doesn't check the keys, it checks the variable that controls the doors. Be sure you set the correct variable assigned to every door which, of course, must match what the airplane uses.