Author Topic: Graphics Problem  (Read 14549 times)

skimmer

Re: Graphics Problem
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 07:55:28 pm »
That (sounds) weird that a sound card could make a difference in graphics but I can realize how happy you are. I have the Creative sound blaster Xtreme audio card.There is also a -ATI function driver for high defenition audio on my ATI graphics card. Maybe there is a conflict that causes occasional graphic problem. You made me look in device manager and I found they were both enabled. So now that you got me thinking on this it's time to try a few things. 

I dont have the same problems I did when I started this thread but graphics still act up once in a big while. Thanks for sharing your info cmpbllsjc.  ;D

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 11:26:23 pm »
No problem. You should read this thread over at Avsim.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782

and this one

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249555

The first one is 10 pages long. It was what got me thinking it might be my onboard sound.

Sure enough that was it. I guess when you have hardware conflicts, even with a sound card, it can mess with the rest of the system enough that it can throw everything off a bit.

In one of those threads someone mentions something about the ATI audio on the video card needing to be disabled if I remember correct.

Anyway, those two thread are good reading and you should check them out. Perhaps it will help you solve the missing link to get squared away.

skimmer

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 10:25:00 pm »
cmpbllsjc,I found an option to remove the audio codecs from my ati graphics card so thats just what I did. I then flew in my most graphics demanding area,Fairbanks in summer with rain, and did so for 45 mins and there was no abnormities at all and I did notice better fps. So I beleive we have something here ;D ;D Also found that you should'nt turn off selected audio components that you find in the device manager because they are needed FSX aircraft sounds. When you press Q for no sound,it also brought up fps. So anyway happy landings ;)