Author Topic: Parking Editor Rotate Left/Right Very Slow  (Read 2877 times)

downscc

Parking Editor Rotate Left/Right Very Slow
« on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:12 pm »
In P3Dv5 with GSXL2 latest update shown as 7May, when using Parking Editor to rotate either the parking position or the parking system axis (NumPad 1/3) the speed of rotation is very slow and perhaps less than one full degree per minute.  It started doing this in the past month.  Rotating the other parking objects, such as tug or loaders, is normal and easy to use but I've had to resort to manually editing the bearing value in the gsx airport ini file if adjustment of more than a few degrees are required.

Any idea why I might be experiencing this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Editor Rotate Left/Right Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:13:05 am »
It's entirely normal the "slow" rotation of the *Parking* object ( and the Parking system and Marshaller ) is "slow", because there you need the utmost precision to align with the ground markings and, it has been like this in GSX for a long time.

Note that, we don't increase the speed, since we cannot obviously move anything on the screen screen any faster than the actual frame rate so, what we change from object to object, is the amount of degrees that are changed at each rotation step so, your perceived speed is also depending on your frame rate.

However, there's is a reason why a FAST rotate command exists so, it's not as if you are stuck into slow motion. The normal way of rotate an object is to first use the fast rotation ( F7/F8 by default, or the MOUSE WHEEL in P3D 4/5 ) to get close to your desired heading, then finely adjust it using the slow rotation.

downscc

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 06:31:05 pm »
It's entirely normal the "slow" rotation of the *Parking* object ( and the Parking system and Marshaller ) is "slow", because there you need the utmost precision to align with the ground markings and, it has been like this in GSX for a long time.

Note that, we don't increase the speed, since we cannot obviously move anything on the screen screen any faster than the actual frame rate so, what we change from object to object, is the amount of degrees that are changed at each rotation step so, your perceived speed is also depending on your frame rate.

However, there's is a reason why a FAST rotate command exists so, it's not as if you are stuck into slow motion. The normal way of rotate an object is to first use the fast rotation ( F7/F8 by default, or the MOUSE WHEEL in P3D 4/5 ) to get close to your desired heading, then finely adjust it using the slow rotation.

We are seeing different thing then, the slow rotation of parking object is not even a rotation but when holding NumPad 1 or 3 the object is frozen until key is released and then it jumps a small increment.  I've been with you in GSX from the beginning and this is definitely different, and apparently is the result of something in my configuration.

The FAST rotate was most helpful since the F7/F8 is not included in the key command shortcuts popup that appears when launching the editor.  Thanks for that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 10:03:11 pm »
We are seeing different thing then, the slow rotation of parking object is not even a rotation but when holding NumPad 1 or 3 the object is frozen until key is released and then it jumps a small increment.  I've been with you in GSX from the beginning and this is definitely different, and apparently is the result of something in my configuration.

That's not what happens here. Check this video here, is happening differently for you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9PNHaSEB-Y&t=7m

The FAST rotate was most helpful since the F7/F8 is not included in the key command shortcuts popup that appears when launching the editor.  Thanks for that.

Yes, you are right. They are on the manual though.