Author Topic: Unable to install GSX (Addon Manager missing in P3D Add-Ons Menu)  (Read 4431 times)

stevenlau48569

Dear Developers,

Recently, I had upgraded into a new PC. When i tried to install GSX , the installer was showing (Status: Connecting) and it was unable to install. I had tried turning off the anti-virus software completely, even uninstalling it, turning off Windows Firewall, but still the installation was unsuccessful. Then, i tried to use another PC to install the GSX software and i was able to extract the GSX_Installer file. Then, I transferred the data inside the GSX_Installer into my new PC. And i was able to install GSX to my new PC. But, when i open P3D. Addon Manager and couatl scripting engine were missing in the P3D Add-ons menu.
    I am looking forward to your reply soon ! Thank You !

Best regards,
Steven

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to install GSX (Addon Manager missing in P3D Add-Ons Menu)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 03:58:55 pm »
The first PC couldn't connect because of the firewall or the antivirus, which seems to be confirmed that, with another PC, you could download the installer. However, the installer is supposed to run the Live Update at the end so, it's not clear from your post if the Live Update worked on the PC that couldn't run the installer.

stevenlau48569

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 04:03:23 pm »
My new pc is able to run fs live update. But still the Addon Manager did not show up in my P3D Add-Ons menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 04:05:12 pm »
Try running the installer again after a Windows restart, and restart Windows again after you run the Live Update, before running the sim for the first time.

stevenlau48569

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 05:29:55 pm »
The Addon Manager is still missing. I had reinstalled the whole GSX software following the steps above. The Live Update program stopped performing at steps 152 of 372 and suddenly the update was completed. Here the words shown when the Updater is running.

Checking if Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip
Problem Access to the path 'C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86.exe' is denied. removing the Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 installer from the Temp folder, usually caused by the antivirus, you can ignore this.
Checking if Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip
Checking if Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip
Checking if Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
Completed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 05:39:49 pm »
The Live Update program stopped performing at steps 152 of 372 and suddenly the update was completed.

This is entirely normal. the updater will only update the products you have installed so, the only time all steps will be performed, is if you install *all* FSDT products.

Be sure you configured the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, then try running the FSDT Live Update again.

stevenlau48569

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:49:14 pm »
Still not working....  Here the words shown in the updater.

Checking if Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip
Checking if Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip
Checking if Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x64 .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\steven\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip
Checking if Visual Studio 2015-2019 Universal Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
Completed

pepin

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 08:07:02 pm »
 >:( >:(
Hello, stevenlau48569, I have the same problem as you and today they have not been able to solve it, I hope that if you find the solution you share it with me, I would appreciate it, thank you and good luck

stevenlau48569

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 08:11:23 pm »
Sure thing !

stevenlau48569

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 10:58:53 am »
Hey pepin ! I had finally solved my problem!! I had to uninstall my p3d completely by following this video. (
). I also uninstall all software that are connected with p3d. Then, i reboot my pc and install p3d again. After installing p3d again, i open p3d for a little test run then turn p3d off. Then, install the gsx as the first add on software for p3d. It worked for me. Hope this would help. Good luck !!

pepin

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 09:07:11 pm »
thanks stevenlau for the help ,,, but I am not for the work of uninstalling all my simulator to install gsx, better I am left without GSX, before uninstalling prepar3dv4.
anyway thanks for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 12:40:55 am »
thanks stevenlau for the help ,,, but I am not for the work of uninstalling all my simulator to install gsx, better I am left without GSX, before uninstalling prepar3dv4.

Reinstalling the simulator is not required. It's just that, when the simulator is reinstalled, its installer might be able to clean up some of the mess in your system libraries, most likely the VC++ runtimes, but you can do that manually, by downloading them from the MS site.

And no, you don't want to clean your mess "just" for GSX. If you have a problem with some of the redistributes, sooner or later you'll find other add-on that will have the same problems so, not installing GSX is not the solution, because you still have the problem.

In addition to that, why you think it's "a lot of work" to reinstall the simulator ? Do you think you have to reinstall your add-ons ? That's not the case, especially if you use proper add-ons ( like all our products ) that use the proper installation method of using the add-on.xml, and follow the LM guidelines of not modifying any file of the simulator.

Yes, even if you have a not-so-proper add-on that, even when using the add-on.xml method still installs file "inside" the simulator folder, you can STILL Uninstall/Reinstall the simulator with no effort and without having to reinstall that add-on. This because, the P3D Uninstaller will only remove those file IT has placed in the sim. If you don't remove the simulator folder manually, all files which were added by add-on will still be there and, if you reinstall again in the same folder, they'll work as if nothing happened!