Author Topic: Multi view screens momentary flash black with Text message show/hide  (Read 1995 times)

737SimGuy

Hi,

Not sure if this has been reported, I looked but didn't find a any posts:

Whenever the GSX text message gets displayed or hidden at the top of the P3d screen while using GSX there is a momentary screen blank on each window when using three undocked windows. Only external view, no panel. It only happens when the message is displayed, and then again when it is removed. Each and every time. I don't have any other apps that use this message function so I have not tested it with other than GSXv2.

I'm NOT assuming that it's GSX, I am simply starting here because it happens with GSX. May certainly be a P3D issue. I will post there next.

Thank you,
James

Prepar3dv5 HF1
Windows 10 1909
16 gb ram
Titan X (Pascal) GPU
nVidia 446.14  WHQL (happens with previous drivers as well)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multi view screens momentary flash black with Text message show/hide
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 03:11:24 am »
I'm NOT assuming that it's GSX, I am simply starting here because it happens with GSX.

Of course it's not GSX.

If you are referring to the top green bar, that's the standard Simconnect text bar, which is used by all add-ons that need to write a message there so, if it's happening with GSX, it surely happens with every other add-on that writes on that line, since how it works is entirely outside the add-on control, it's a simple Simconnect call, and is handled entirely by the sim.

737SimGuy

Re: Multi view screens momentary flash black with Text message show/hide
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 03:34:51 am »
If you are referring to the top green bar, that's the standard Simconnect text bar, which is used by all add-ons that need to write a message there so, if it's happening with GSX, it surely happens with every other add-on that writes on that line, since how it works is entirely outside the add-on control, it's a simple Simconnect call, and is handled entirely by the sim.

Thank you. I figured that to be the case but I had to see if maybe there was some knowledge here that could help. I have posted on the Prepar3D forum as well.

Have a nice day...

James