Author Topic: Server slow?  (Read 3516 times)

senchay

Server slow?
« on: May 10, 2020, 12:33:20 am »
Hello. Im trying to dl GSX but whenever i try it shows me a dl speed of 56kb/s. Restarted router already, no change. I can dl any file with my full speed though, 7mb/s so it shouldnt be my internet.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327906956050432014/708805175862755418/unknown.png
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:52:53 pm by virtuali »

senchay

Re: Server slow?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:43:21 pm »
still the same....starts at ~400kb and goes down to 56kb/s.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 02:01:37 pm »
See this post here for an explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23519.msg157025.html#msg157025

And here's a video I made to test download speeds from several locations:

I tried a couple of different locations in the US, some in Europe (including Germany) and even the worse case scenario, from Australia, resulted in a very respectable download speed, 6 minutes for the whole 2.2 GB of the GSX 64 bit installer.

senchay

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:38:27 pm »
Thanks. The problem is that i have only Win defender. And also without realtime check and even with the whole firewall off (...) it doesnt go faster.

Ive downloaded around 250 GB of files for v5 the last 2 weeks, from probably 20 different providers, it all works. I could go on and make a vid now too ^^ But ill save you and myself the time.

Probably no other way than dowloading the next 3 full days now gsx and my airports ive bought from you..

senchay

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 10:47:47 pm »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:15:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 11:25:12 am »
Have you read the post I linked ? Please re-read it again, I'm not generically saying "your internet is slow", if you read that explanation, you would have know I tried to explained:

- You are NOT connecting to "our server". So, clearly, "our" server cannot be slow for you, since you are not connecting there.

- For the precise reason to give a fast download speed across all over the world, our server files are REPLICATED on a network of more than 200 servers, handled by Cloudflare, which is the most popular caching services, which is used by so many popular sites for the precise reason of not having any bandwidth issues. Milions of websites use it.

- We know for a fact that SOMETIMES, with SOME ISP, in SOME countries, SOME Cloudflare nodes might work slower, usually because of a routing problem that happens at YOUR ISP level.

- We don't have any control over how the caching happens and how Cloudflare assigns a node to you.

- We don't have any control over how your ISP routing works ( or not ) with Cloudflare

- That's why, I suggested to try with a VPN, so you can download AS IF you were located elsewhere.

- That's also why I made a video showing how to use a VPN, both to just explain how to use it, both also to prove the problem is neither on our side ( it cannot be, since nobody really connects to our server directly ), nor on the usage/configuration of Cloudflare, since it clearly works across several nodes, chosen at random.

Obviously, I couldn't possibly test ALL 216 nodes, maybe the one assigned to you is having a problem now, but that's precisely why VPN are there for: to fix any problems you might have either with a local node of any site, or with a problem in your ISP routing.

Try the Free version of this one:

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

senchay

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 05:57:11 pm »
Sorry, thank you. Im gonna try that.

I know how it works, being Web/App/Mobile dev for over a decade now. I just misunderstood it indeed, i though you want to show me how well it works for you and went to ignoring state too early. Sorry again.

Gonna try that now.

senchay

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 06:02:06 pm »
It works