Author Topic: Error with Fsdt live update, showing p3d is running in background  (Read 2793 times)

Yuvrajmodi994

Hello,

Currently i am trying to update the files through running fsdt live update. but whenever i am doing it, it's showing me that p3d is running in background with pid 10632. I restarted my laptop twice, cleared all temporary files and still showing me the same that p3d is running in background. Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error with Fsdt live update, showing p3d is running in background
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 02:58:49 pm »
If the Live Update says P3D is running in the background, then IT IS running in the background, there's no doubt about that.

The Process ID you see in the message has been obtained by asking Windows if there's a process named "Prepar3d.exe", and if there is one, Windows returns with a processID number, which is what the Live Update is showing there, to further verify the issue.

Sometimes, it takes a while before the process is really cleared, even after its icon has disappeared so, just wait a bit.

Not possible you would see that after a Windows restart in which you never started P3D, unless you have configured it to start automatically with Windows, which doesn't seem very likely.

Yuvrajmodi994

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 03:28:59 pm »
Hello,
i tried everything from restarting windows to delete cfg & dll.xml files of Prepar3d & that too thrice. I tried my luck with reinstalling GSX too. but, alas it didn't work either.

And after deleting cfg & dll xml i have started getting one more error of piD 6388 in fsdt live manager.

someone had similar issue some month back and it was resolved when updated updater was provided by you to client, here is the link

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=22579.0

Please go through it and let me know how to get rid of piD 6388 & 10632 so i can download updates from fsdt live update!!

looking forward to get positive reply which can solve my problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 03:38:51 pm »
i tried everything from restarting windows to delete cfg & dll.xml files of Prepar3d & that too thrice. I tried my luck with reinstalling GSX too. but, alas it didn't work either. And after deleting cfg & dll xml i have started getting one more error of piD 6388 in fsdt live manager.

none of these files has any relationship with that problem. We don't even use the dll/exe.xml files anymore, and we don't use or change the Prepar3d.cfg, if with "cfg" you mean the Prepar3d.cfg

someone had similar issue some month back and it was resolved when updated updater was provided by you to client, here is the link

Nowhere in that thread there's any indication we "fixed" the problem in our updater, which never had a problem to begin with in detecting the sim running.

The ONLY change discussed in that thread, is we updated the updater to ALSO indicate the ProcessID, so users affected by this could verify more easily, by checking the ProcessID in the Task Manager, the simulator was in fact still running.

Please go through it and let me know how to get rid of piD 6388 & 10632 so i can download updates from fsdt live update!!

Again, if you get this errors, it's because Prepar3D.exe IS STILL RUNNING.

And yes, it's normal you'll get different IDs each time because, each time you start the simulator, Windows will assign a different pID so, if you get different codes, it simply means you started the simulator several times, each time getting a new pID, and each time you ran the FSDT Live Update without waiting for it to close.

Of course, unless your Prepar3d.exe starts with Windows, this will surely be fixed by running the FSDT Live Update after a Windows restart WITHOUT starting the sim on that session.

Yuvrajmodi994

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 04:15:17 pm »
There are no any things i have seen in my task manager related to p3d which is running in background when i am trying to run live update. I am trying to solve it from last 3/4 hours and tried everything out. I came here with hopes that it will solve my issues. because am damn sure i'll be not the only person who is facing or faced this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 04:27:30 pm »
because am damn sure i'll be not the only person who is facing or faced this issue.

yes, you are the only one reporting this and, as indicated in the thread you linked, everybody else that had the same problem, fixed it without requiring any fix or change on our side. Nothing has changed in the detection of the Prepar3d.exe running, and it surely works.

The pID is reported for the precise reason to help you finding with the Task Manager a process with that id. Go in Task Manager, select "Details" and be sure the colum PID is enabled. Find what process has the same process ID as reported by the FSDT Live Update, and Terminate it.

Yuvrajmodi994

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 04:37:11 pm »
Do you think i have not tried it?

i am doing it from 3/4 hours and many are facing same issues, just go through the link i have posted and there are 2/3 persons who have jumped in discussions with the same issue and answers from your side were the same you are saying right now.

Anyways piD 6388 and piD 10632 are not there in details. Issue is created by something which is related to FSDT and being an old customer i own almost all products of FSDT and i had never imagined that i'll not get support on tiny issue like this.

Guide me here how to get rid of these piDS, if you want to come in to my laptop to check through teamviewer or anydesk. you can check and tell me what i am doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 04:46:51 pm »
Do you think i have not tried it?

But since you haven't said you have, I couldn't possibly know.

i am doing it from 3/4 hours and many are facing same issues, just go through the link i have posted and there are 2/3 persons who have jumped in discussions with the same issue and answers from your side were the same you are saying right now.

That's precisely my point: only 2-3 people ever reported it before, and all of them confirmed it was eventually fixed again, with no intervention of fix required on our side. That thread is 2 months old, if the problem really happened to many people, we would have thousands or similar reports by now.

Anyways piD 6388 and piD 10632 are not there in details.

Are you sure you are looking at ALL processes ? The Task Manager might not show all process started by your user account so, if Prepar3d.exe is running with different credentials, it might not be shows. Try to sort by process ID.

Issue is created by something which is related to FSDT

No, it's not, it's caused by the sim still running. Or Windows, for some reason that is unrelated to our software, is reporting it is.

and being an old customer i own almost all products of FSDT and i had never imagined that i'll not get support on tiny issue like this.

What ? I AM supporting you, by replying to all your questions, immediately, and on a week-end.

Guide me here how to get rid of these piDS

That's exactly what I did when I've said, in my previous post:

"select "Details" and be sure the colum PID is enabled. Find what process has the same process ID as reported by the FSDT Live Update, and Terminate it."

if you want to come in to my laptop to check through teamviewer or anydesk. you can check and tell me what i am doing wrong?

Sure. But you should contact me with a PM, with your Teamviewer session id and password.