Author Topic: Is there a way to set marshaller distance by aircraft instead of parking spot?  (Read 1799 times)

airbadger

Just about everywhere I go in in the 747-8, the marshaller is hidden inside the building. Sure, I can edit every single individual parking spot at every single airport I might possibly fly into with the -8. But I'm not a masochist. I don't see anything in the manual about setting the marshaller distance by aircraft instead of by each parking spot. I'd rather set a default that's too close to the aircraft than one that's too far.

Here's a screenshot of two FSDT products -- KLAX and GSX -- working together marvelously to make sure that I can't see the marshaller: https://imgur.com/HGThukr

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Sure, I can edit every single individual parking spot at every single airport I might possibly fly into with the -8. But I'm not a masochist.

The MULTIPLE SELECTION here, is your friend. No, you don't have to edit every single parking individually, it's enough to click the whole airport on the editor, which will select ALL parking at once, and set a Max Marshaller distance which works right for that airplane.

"Max" means max so, setting that distance won't change anything for other aircraft types, it will still be calculated automatically based on the eyepoint, but it will be UP TO that "Max" value, never greater.

Here's a screenshot of two FSDT products -- KLAX and GSX -- working together marvelously to make sure that I can't see the marshaller: https://imgur.com/HGThukr

You managed to find one of the very few parking spots we didn't set the Marhaller position manually. Fixed by running the FSDT Live Update now. Just be sure you remove your own customization, because your custom customization in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX will take precedence over the one we made in the KLAX\scenery folder.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:33:43 pm by virtuali »