Author Topic: Framerates in older sceneries lagging  (Read 2105 times)

Brian S

Framerates in older sceneries lagging
« on: April 17, 2020, 01:14:38 am »
I getting very solid framerates in P3DV5 with your newer airports and couple of older ones I have used for years with custom AI are really lagging now.   KLAX and KJFK for example are a lot worse using similar settings with the same AI then in P3DV4.5.   Getting about 7-11 FPS.  Do you know if anything in the new version of P3D using DX12 could potentially cause problems with some older airports builds with legacy (if it has any) code?   Still testing, but KORD and KMEM for example are humming along, older airports not as well.  I'll try some more.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Framerates in older sceneries lagging
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:26:06 am »
The first obvious test would be first trying WITHOUT AI, so you won't be mislead by assuming what is causing the fps drop is the "old" scenery, rather than the OLD AI.

Because, as "old" as they might seem, both KLAX and KFJK, they are very efficient and here's how they REALLY perform:

KJFK in Prepar3D V5, with 100% DEFAULT AI traffic, both airline and general aviation

KJFK in Prepar3D V5, with 0% AI traffic

KJFK in Prepar3D V4, with 100% DEFAULT AI traffic, both airline and general aviation

KJFK in Prepar3D V4, with 0% AI traffic

Settings are the same for both sim, except P3D V5 has TrueSky enabled. Performance increase due to P3D 5 is even more impressive here than expected. System specs are:

- A 4 years old Intel i7-6700, not overclocked
- 64 GB RAM
- nVidia TRX 2080 Ti 11 GB VRAM

Both P3D4 and P3D5 installed as default, with the default airplanes ( A321, 737, CRJ ) from FSX copied, and just GSX and all FSDT sceneries installed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:29:56 am by virtuali »