Author Topic: GSX Level 2 boarding sounds stop after short period of time  (Read 2466 times)

RuTaill

GSX Level 2 boarding sounds stop after short period of time
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:46:35 pm »
Hello

I'm a P3DV4.5 user and often fly the PMDG 737 NGX. I've been noticing for a while a little issue.

When starting the boarding, GSX often only boards passengers for half a minute, then stops. Baggage loading always continues as it should. The same issue is found with deboarding

I've tried to change my settings from "estimate passenger numbers" to off, and fill in the number of passengers, but the same issue is continuing. I'm sure the weights are set before requesting boarding as well.

Sometimes it appears in GSX menu that passengers are boarding (while no sounds are played), other times it switches from "passengers boarding" to "baggage loading in progress" in about half a minute, while having to board 174 passengers.

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Ruben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 boarding sounds stop after short period of time
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 11:27:31 pm »
Try to describe a precise reproduction step, including all the following:

- the airport used, which scenery exactly, which gate, if it has jetways, and which kind.

- the precise, exact, sequence of operations you did in GSX.

RuTaill

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 04:47:35 pm »
Hello

Today i did a flight from Flytampa EHAM, departing from gate D27 to LIRZ, arrival at Gate 304. Gate D27 has a BGL Jetway.

Sequence of GSX was:

1. Inserted weights of Passengers and cargo in PMDG737NGX FMC
2. Jetway operated (Doors Front Left, and front and rear right opened)
3. Requested catering
4. After catering done, closed front and rear right doors.
5. While catering is departing from Stand, requested refueling
6. waited for fuel truck to connect to aircraft
7. Entered amount of fuel into PMDG737NGX FMC
8. Requested boarding

Boarding sounds lasted for 20 seconds, then stopped. Cargo loading went on as normal. GSX menu said "Baggage Loading In Progress" at this moment.

After arriving at LIRZ and vacated runway 01;

1. Opened GSX menu en selected Gate 304.
2. After arrival and marshalling at gate 304, requested stairs
3. After stairs connected, requested deboaring

Deboarding sounds remained going for the full lenght of the procedure, as it should.

After today, i turned on all messages to see if maybe something would display when the issue occurs. I'll let you know with next flight.

Kind regards

Ruben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 03:36:05 pm »
Boarding sounds lasted for 20 seconds, then stopped. Cargo loading went on as normal. GSX menu said "Baggage Loading In Progress" at this moment.

Haven't you noticed how many passengers GSX assumed ?

Do you use the "Estimate passenger number" option ? If yes, try to turn it off, and confirm the correct passenger number manually. This is probably the best solution with the PMDG since, opposite to what other airplanes that supports GSX completely ( Aerosoft, FS Labs, Leonardo, etc. ) the PMDG doesn't communicate its own calculated number of passenger to GSX, so GSX will have to estimate, and it will likely result in a difference, so it would be best in this case to just tell GSX the number of passengers yourself.

RuTaill

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:26:29 pm »
Hello

I have some new info for you.

Today i did the retourleg LIRZ - EHAM and docked at D27 again. This time, i have set all messages to on. Boarding at LIRZ was flawless with the stairs. After engine shutdown, i requested the jetways via the GSX menu in Flytampa's EHAM. They connected properly. I asked for deboarding then. Then next messages appeared

- Remember to operate the jetways - Weird, because they were already connected
- No jetway connected, you will not see passengers visually.

- Then the problem occured. The counting started and all 153 passengers (correct number estimated) were deboarded in a matter of 10 seconds. And that's why the sound stopped as well. So appearantly, GSX does not recognise the jetways, nevertheless they are operated through the GSX menu.

I think this might be usefull information for you.

Kind regards

Ruben

RuTaill

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 06:58:33 pm »
Issue solved!

Deleting the BGL-jetways and putting custom made ones instead did the job!

Thank you Umberto for your fast help!

Kind regards

Ruben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 03:14:00 pm »
It's entirely normal passenger boarding will be very fast if the scenery jetway is not SODE. I think GSX gave you a message about this too

"No SODE jetway docked. You will not see passengers visually"