Author Topic: GSX not staying registered  (Read 1682 times)

Deamon3069

GSX not staying registered
« on: March 18, 2020, 08:25:16 pm »
Hello,

I have downloaded both GSX, GSX 2, Louisville and JFK V2 and installed all on my sim. However, when I go to activate all only one stays activated but the rest I have to keep manually activating and won't stay registered on the sim. Right now JFK V2 will stay registered and activated but the rest won't. My registration and activation codes are valid. Can you please help with this as this is getting fustrating. Also I have downloaded and installed a program called FSRealWX 3.0 for weather but after I installed, GSX 2 won't do a push back after request. All the rest of actions seem to work fine (once I reactivate and restart Couatl and airport cache).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not staying registered
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:33:02 am »
The problem doesn't happen normally, and it's usually caused by one of the following:

- Running the simulator in a "Compatibility" mode, like XP or Vista or Windows 7 under Windows 10, for example. That's not how the sim is supposed to run ( it even degrades performances ), so everything in the Compatibility page should stay off, the only setting that is allowed, but not required, is "run As Administrator"

- Starting the simulator from another add-on instead of using its own icon. This will result in the sim inheriting whatever Compatibility or Permissions the launched program had, which might not be the correct one for the sim. Always start the sim from its own icon.

- Running an User account with limited privileges. If this is the case, you then MUST run the sim "As Administrator"

Also, if you activated using old Esellerate keys, try to Deactivate and then Reactivate, using the new SORACO/QLM keys. If you don't know which new keys are tied to your order, use the Self-Help site linked on the FAQ page of this site, to retrieve the new-style keys associated with your order. BOTH kind of keys will work just fine, but the new keys are easier to activate (especially if you have a Firewall ) and might work better.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:35:12 am by virtuali »