Author Topic: Stairs  (Read 2559 times)

josh_drummond

Stairs
« on: March 02, 2020, 10:43:10 am »
Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here.  When I have a gate with a jetway it works just fine undocking the SODE jetway, then when its completed I am able to move on to my next task.  However this is not the same with the stairs.  When I try to move the stairs the program will just sit there once the stairs are moved back in to place and the GSX menu still says waiting for operation to complete. (paraphrasing).  I wait and wait and wait and nothing happens.  So I try to call the push truck and it still says waiting to complete.  Eventually I have to restart GSX and push.  Could this be a bug?  Or am I doing something wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stairs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 02:00:06 pm »
When I try to move the stairs the program will just sit there once the stairs are moved back in to place and the GSX menu still says waiting for operation to complete. (paraphrasing).

Is should say *which* operation is still completing.

josh_drummond

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 02:03:39 pm »
stairs as in the title and topic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »
stairs as in the title and topic

That's not what I meant. I said the GSX menu should tell you which operation is still completing. Also, it would be helpful if you could include the complete sequence of operations you did, in their precise order.

josh_drummond

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 11:39:31 pm »
Stairs,

my sequence when SODE jetways work
1. cater
2. board
3. undock jetway
4. call for push

my sequence with stairs
1. cater
2. board
3. operate stairs
(at this point I call to operate the stairs and they hang in operation and I can not do anything because the program thinks the stairs where in operation when I can clearly see them moved from the aircraft and the stairs folded down.)
4. restart the couatl Engine
5 call for push

I just ran an update for GSX that was recently updated and the stairs worked like perfectly now.  I don't know what caused the issue though.  I'll do a few more flights with stairs instead of jetways and will let you know how they work.  

This time I did it and it worked I don't know why it didn't work before in the same sequence
my sequence with stairs
1. cater
2. board
3. operate stairs
4. call for push

This is the way it should work regardless if using stairs or jetways.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:44:35 pm by josh_drummond »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 11:53:17 pm »
2. board
3. operate stairs
4. call for push

Not sure why it didn't work before but, in general, unless you have a special reason to recall stairs in advance, if you do boarding and then go straight to pushback, at a certain point during the pushback, all stairs still attached to a door will be recalled automatically in any case, so calling "operate stairs" separately might be redundant. GSX won't let you go way with stuff attached to the airplane.