Author Topic: FSDT KDFW GSX L2 SODE Door Assignment  (Read 2218 times)

RFarmah

FSDT KDFW GSX L2 SODE Door Assignment
« on: January 31, 2020, 03:13:49 pm »
Yesterday I purchased FSDT KDFW to wrap up my final purchase in FSX before the MSFS 2020 releases. Upon switching the standard gates to SODE using a config file, I can't get the jetways to attach to the second door on the PMDG 777. When I pull up the GSX menu to activate the SODE Jetways, the only option is 1L. I haven't had this problem before in the PMDG 777 or with any other SODE Jetways so I am sure its not an afcad or aircraft file issue. One thought I've had is that the physical jetways might be too small to reach the 2L door at D30? I am using the largest size available to the two point steel jetways.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated, and as always, thanks for great products and support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT KDFW GSX L2 SODE Door Assignment
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:48:58 pm »
Using the largest possible jetway doesn't automatically ensure it will reach a door. In fact, sometimes it cannot reach a door *because* it's too long.

Which is why, GSX has a "Test" feature in the parking editor ( NumPad 5 when a jetway is selected ), so you won't have to wonder if the jetway you chose will work with a particular airplane: if you use that airplane while customizing, the test function will make a sound if at least one jetway will work, with a text saying which jetways could reach which doors.

RFarmah

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 03:11:42 pm »
Thanks for that Info! Tried messing around with the other jetways lengths and if I go any shorter, GSX pops up a message saying something along the line of "No Jetway can connect at this position," so I am assuming that the way the jetways are positioned and the length of the 777 do not allow for second door docking at this specific gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 12:53:54 pm »
so I am assuming that the way the jetways are positioned and the length of the 777 do not allow for second door docking at this specific gate.

With *that* specific model you choose. That's why GSX has so many models, in different sizes, to adapt for every airplane door configuration.