Author Topic: Another 737 Combi question  (Read 1555 times)

rowcoach

Another 737 Combi question
« on: January 04, 2020, 08:01:54 pm »
Good morning,

This one is regarding how GSX determines passengers and cargo in the aircraft config file. I know that GSX will look at the weights section to see how much weight is at each station and determine how many passengers will load based on that weight.

How does GSX differentiate between cargo weight and passenger weight? In the case of a combi, will GSX look at the config file and see a lot of passengers instead of one 4000 pound shipping container? Or is the baggage/cargo weight determined by the number of passengers.

I’m using the CS B732 combi with no changes to the config file. GSX does load passengers and one small shipping container through the main cargo door on the main deck. I’m trying to see if I can make adjustments to the config file so GSX will load more shipping containers.

Cheers,

Colin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another 737 Combi question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 02:22:03 pm »
How does GSX differentiate between cargo weight and passenger weight? In the case of a combi

It doesn't, since the simulator itself doesn't have the concept of a payload station "type", which would have made possible for GSX to know if something is cargo or a human. That's one of the many reasons we have the "Estimate Passenger number" as an option, so you could just TELL the exact number yourself.