Author Topic: GSX L2 using default AFCAD  (Read 1520 times)

Punit

GSX L2 using default AFCAD
« on: January 06, 2020, 04:02:21 pm »
Hi Team,

As the title says; and I know there are many posts related to this problem as I went through some of them; I have a bit different problem. I am using P3D v4.5 with HF2. It happens with the freeware(not default) VOGO scenery i.e. Goa, India. Previously it's ICAO was VAGO which is the scenery from which the GSX reads AFCAD from. So there are 2 airports VAGO and VOGO, VAGO is the one with the  old ICAO and with the stock scenery that has 4 parking spots only. I have installed another scenery VOGO and activated it. It has new terminals and lots of parking spots. They all appear properly but in the customization menu of GSX it reads the AFCAD of VAGO and not VOGO. So the VAGO airport is just next to the new VOGO airport in the sim(visually). What I did was removed all the scenery libraries (with ADE) from the VAGO and left it empty. So now I see only the VOGO airport in my sim however the GSX reads the AFCAD from the VAGO (default) scenery and not from the VOGO scenery. I don't know how to delete the VAGO airport fully. I tried to disable the .bgl file in the proper "scenery/0803/scenery" but GSX was not able to look for AFCAD at all. How can i make GSX use the afcad of VOGO? I tried to restart the Coutll and rebuild the cache but still it reads the same default scenery's AFCAD i.e. of VAGO.

Looking forward for your suggestions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 using default AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:07:24 pm »
Try reading the "Airport Visibility" chapter at page 26 of the GSX manual. Disabling the airport you don't want might result in the correct one being used, which is always required if two ICAO share the same ( or very close ) location.

Punit

Re: GSX L2 using default AFCAD
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 06:51:59 am »
Yes. That solved the problem. I read that part of the manual before putting it here, but I used the wrong ICAO code in the .ini file. Now I read carefully and used the right one. Thanks for the help.