Author Topic: C:/user/name/appdata/roaming/virtuali/gsx is gone  (Read 2647 times)

nordicman

C:/user/name/appdata/roaming/virtuali/gsx is gone
« on: November 13, 2019, 07:18:48 pm »
Evening. I screwed up big time. I wanted to reinstall gsx because there was an error i noticed with the exclude files placed in the wrong place by me. I removed that folder in the subject box and now its no in the virtuali folder so i cant place any .INI files for any airport. I am so sorry and im just trying to fix it. Any help please. It's the first time ive really messed up this big.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: C:/user/name/appdata/roaming/virtuali/gsx is gone
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 08:50:56 pm »
Did you try to run the installer again? If that didn't work, did you try to run the Live Updater?
Captain Kevin

nordicman

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 10:37:46 am »
I started P3D and it brought the gsx folder back. Hard part was the one by one reinstall. That's definitely a Fup i know now never to ever make.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:29:13 pm »
Like any proper Windows program, things in %APPDATA% are not supposed to exists after a clean installation. That folder is supposed to contain only YOUR personal settings after using a program.

So, in case of GSX, the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder will be created for the first time only after you change a default setting, create a new airplane configuration, customize an airport, create a custom logo texture, etc.

If you had it full of your own customizations, and now it's not there anymore, I'm afraid nothing other than restoring from backup  ( maybe the files are still in the Windows Recycle Bin ? ) can restore such files, since they are not coming with GSX, they were created by your own usage.