Author Topic: Nothing Working in Windows 7  (Read 6255 times)

JSE516

Nothing Working in Windows 7
« on: November 01, 2009, 10:43:23 pm »
Having some trouble with all Cloud9 and FSDT scenery in FSX with Windows 7 (Release)
I installed KORD 1st, then activated the scernery and no buildings appeared! I then figured I would install KJFK and see if that would fix it, at the end of the install I recieved the following message:

"c:\users\MyName\Appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\exe.xml Error on line 9, position 2:
Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document.
yourC:\users\MyName\Appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\exe.xml file has not been modified by this installer"

I then tried installing my Cloud9 Orlando and got the same message and I have no buildings in any of my FSDT or C9 sceneries. I own everything made by both companies for FSX.

John

JSE516

Re: Nothing Working in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:59:19 pm »
*Update I have gotten both Bergen and Orlando to work. I also tried to reinstall KFLL (the only airport I didn't back up my registry on  :-\) and get the following message from esellerate:

"CONNECTION ERROR:
Unable to reinstall your order. Click the Wizard's Submit button to try again.

(error = 5481:2324)"

Everything else (KORD, KJFK, KLAS, LSGG, LSZH, ENBR & KMCO) have reactivated np I just have no buildings in any of the FsDT sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:24:49 pm »
The problem is the first message you got, that means, your EXE.XML file was already corrupted before running our installer.

Our installer *first* makes a syntax check of your FSX XML files BEFORE doing any modification, and if they are already corrupted, it will not proceed and the scenery will not work.

If you post the content of your EXE.XML file here, I might tell you where the error is.

Or, if you are unable to post the content of that file, just remove it, and run any of our (FSDT) installers: a new, correct, one will be recreated automatically.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:29:07 pm by virtuali »

JSE516

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:51:32 pm »
I did not get the message with my first installation of KORD, it appeared right after when I tried KJFK. Could it have that I used the original KORD installer? I will send you the exe.xml when I get home tonight, but if I delete the said file will it affect other add-ons?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »
I did not get the message with my first installation of KORD, it appeared right after when I tried KJFK. Could it have that I used the original KORD installer?

If you have got that message, it means ANOTHER installer from another (not FSDT) addon has corrupted the EXE.XML. THAT'S why we check it first and, if it's already corrupted, it will not be touched so, you can be sure the corruption can't be caused by any of our installers.

I will send you the exe.xml when I get home tonight, but if I delete the said file will it affect other add-ons?

If will obviously affect any other addon that will require a module to be added to EXE.XML. In this case, you will need to reinstall it and, probably, you will discover which ones caused the corruption in the first place.

JSE516

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 05:41:37 pm »
Thanks for your help virtuali, I will post the contents in a few hours.

John

JSE516

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:08:07 am »
Ok to open this I selected edit and it opened in notepad, it seems lite to me considering how many add-ons I have installed?

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>WinchX!</Name>
    <Path>E:\FSX\Modules\WinchX!\WinchX.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>EXE.XML</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad></SimBase.Document>

JSE516

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:41 am »
I got it! I think  :-\
The <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> & </SimBase.Document> were not at top and bottom to open and close it out....right? I ran it this way and Zurich installed just fine adding the top line which makes it look cool! Lol. Now I need to find out what corrupted the file in the first place ::)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>