Author Topic: problem accessing xml file  (Read 1566 times)

Meiton

problem accessing xml file
« on: September 29, 2019, 05:58:18 pm »
hello everyone, i have this message whenever i install GSX or run the live update on a fresh p3d v4 with no addons " an error occurred while parsing entityname. line6, posision50"
and if i launch p3d i see two entries that has <no name provided> and the paths are for addon manager and excludes, when i am in the aircraft the addon menu only has sode.
i have no idea what's causing this, i am running both the installer and the update as administrator and my anti virus is off, can anyone help me please ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:02:08 pm by Meiton »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem accessing xml file
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 12:14:39 pm »
Are you sure your P3D4 installation is *really* fresh ? Meaning, P3D4 was never installed before ?

Even if you removed and reinstalled the simulator, configuration files from a previous install won't be removed unless you do that manually, and your error seems to indicate a problem with one of them, possibly left from a previous install.

Meiton

Re: problem accessing xml file
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 01:12:52 pm »
thanks for your response, what i meant by fresh install is there are no addons and i just installed it, i had p3d installed before, i uninstalled it, deleted the folders from program data and app data manually, is there something else i should delete manually ? please i need all the help i can get.